Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update January 25-28

Freddie, one of Ambridge’s many ex-cons, has spent the years since his release flitting about the village, trying to bring peace and joy to all. You have to hand it to the lad, he does it with charm and style, unlike his prissy Auntie Shula. She finds herself on the wrong end of Elizabeth’s rage and so, once again, Freddie has to put on his peacekeeper’s helmet and try to get both sides negotiating.
While Freddie tries to calm down the warring sisters, he finds he has another fight on his hands, trying to escape the clutches of an admirer in the many dark nooks and corners of Lower Loxley.
Meanwhile, Tom tries to bring a bit of peace to the much troubled Kirsty, but gets bogged down in no-man’s land.

Thanks to Maggiesaes of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

5 Likes

Who doesn’t live in Ambridge.

Who else is there? Susan, of course. Helen doesn’t count in my book (she was awaiting trial, and never convicted). Clive. That Fish reminds me of Keith Horrobin, and that Ed, Eddie and David were all convicted but not imprisoned.

“Bravely” ignoring the landmines, barbed wire, big signs reading “all men are bastards”…

4 Likes

I like the idea of St Shula and Lizard fighting

4 Likes

…in a vat of creamed corn?

Wondering why they are fighting this time: either the shagging of Vince or the visiting of Philip are top of my list of probabilites (so it won’t be those)

3 Likes

I don’t care I just like those two unhappy!

5 Likes

Atta Twellsy!

5 Likes

What is happening to St Shula’s vicar training? I would have thought that might make her a little less prissy.

5 Likes

They threw her out in week 2, but she’s still pretending to go to it, instead retiring to a hideway to read Why Everyone Else Is Wrong again.

5 Likes