Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update July 24-29

The Horrobins can trace their roots back to Anglo-Saxon Britain and it takes only a tiny stretch of the imagination to see Tracy, wielding a spear and shield, launching herself on a terrified Roman legion. Perhaps this is why work in the service industry hasn’t proved an easy fit for Ambridge’s Horrobin descendants. Tracy just about managed to button her lip in her Grey Gables days but Chelsea, waiting tables at Lower Loxley, has a harder job suppressing her inner warrior-queen. She’ll have to make a valiant effort, though, when a determined rival enters the fray.
Susan’s fighting spirit is also let loose when she leaps to protect a friend in a situation that, by the end of the week, takes a serious turn.

Thanks to LadySusan of The Ambridge Reporter

4 Likes

“Shit-shoveller?”
“Oh, they used to dream of working their way up to that.”

4 Likes

What has Anglo-Saxon Britain to do with the Roman legions? The last legion left in 410AD, the Anglo-Saxons started in about 450AD.

3 Likes

I knew that was making me brain itch even more than usual, but didn’t reread.
AttaFanta! People get paid for this, seemingly

3 Likes

I think they were thinking of the Boudicca. Who was Iceni, British as could be, with no Angle nor Saxon within four hundred years of her bloodline.

3 Likes

I call my walker Boudicca

You should see me getting through a crowd…

4 Likes

I’m sure she would have been sound on the Saxon Question. (“New sort of Romans.”)

3 Likes