Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update July 27-30

Did you ever think there was a chance that romance would blossom between Joy and Tony? Thought not. The nosy newcomer and the organic carrot man seemed an ill-matched duo, and lockdown - which has kept Joy behind closed doors - put a blight on her dreams of bucolic bliss.
Now, after a long period of loneliness, she is ready to mingle - but all does not go well.
Meanwhile, Tony, her unlikely swain, with more time on his hands than usual, clears out the the Bridge Farm attic, and finds something that brings a tear to his eye.
The flame-haired upholder of the law, Harrison Burns, comes up with a wheeze to make Fallon feel appreciated, but fate and an uninvited houseguest nip his plan in the bud.

Thanks to Maggiesaes of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

4 Likes

“It’s grandad’s souvenir tear gas from the war.”

4 Likes

Flame haired? Have we been told this before? I just can’t see it somehow.

3 Likes

Maybe by “flame-haired” they just mean “so greasy that it’ll catch fire on the next sunny day”?

4 Likes

I don’t know if we’ve been told this or not, but the actor is flame-haired. Perhaps the writer assumed …

I’m not averse to seeing pictures of the cast as some are and I find it interesting that quite a few match my ideas of what the character should look like but others don’t, so clearly I have an image in my own mind to compare them to. Jennifer’s actor is spot on, whereas Ruth’s is very far from my image of Ruth.

4 Likes

Fixed that for you.

It is a matter of complete indifference to me: but J. Elliot always sounds to me fatter than his actor is, while the reverse is the case for Lilian.

4 Likes

Ah, Harrison Burns. Of course.

Same for me but with different characters. The most ‘wrong’ in my mind is Sunny Ormonde, who couldn’t possibly look less like Lilian.

4 Likes

Exactly. Lilian is stick thin and scrawny, definitely.

4 Likes

Agreed. David is spot on, though. Pip, no, the actor’s very attractive and I can’t believe Pip is (Toby was blinded by the ‘attached farm’.

4 Likes

‘My’ Pip could be attractive were it not for her expression, which is permanently kinda ‘nose in the air’ smug and superior. Similarly with Emma, she would be attractive if she didn’t always look so sulky & miserable - and in her case she has reached an age where that has started to settle into discontented lines.

4 Likes

Yes, I could go with that.

4 Likes

My Pat bears a passing resemblance to Les Dawson.

In drag, obviously.

2 Likes

At first I thought you had a collection of bears called Pat. And why not? Kemal Ataturk had a whole menagerie called Eric.

3 Likes

He did? Umm…

The rare sound of a Gus lawst fer words.
ETA: I have been taken aside by kind people and had this Explained to me.

< blushity blush >

4 Likes

Now you’re just being silly.

That’s Clarrie. Pat looks like Roy Barraclough

4 Likes