Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update March 12-17

Has he been here before? The tricky resident at The Laurels, who goes by the name of Sykesy, seems to know a lot about Brookfield during the war years, when Blossom and Boxer still pulled the threshing machine. It all seems a bit odd. Perhaps one of the older Archers will remember him - but will they want to?
While these old Brookfield memories fester away, young vet Paul makes himself centre stage at the farm when he comes to Josh’s aid. Paul’s also planning ‘a bit of a do’ for his ill-assorted colleagues. What could possibly go wrong?
Meanwhile, widower Brian, who was so very much on the back foot over Jenny’s funeral arrangements, throws himself into chucking out her stuff.

Thanks to Lady Susan of The Ambridge Reporter

6 Likes

Presumably not the same stuff that Adam wanted for dressing up. Not an original question, far from it, but where the umtiddley was all this festering stuff anyway?

5 Likes

I dunno, Gus, very puzzling. The barn?

Anyhow, at least Brian waited till Jennifer was dead before chucking all her stuff away, unlike Ruth with HeatherPet. HeatherPet’s stuff, I mean. Though come to think of it, she did ease Heather out of existence as a petrol station, didn’t she?

6 Likes

Nothing good happens in a service station car park.

6 Likes

It’s a good question: there was enough of it in bags and boxes to fill the main room of Honeysuckle Cottage, and yet it all fitted into Adam’s car in a single load.

And that was just the clothes; Brian was glad Blossom Hill Cottage is unfurnished because “there’s lots of stuff in storage” which I assume must have meant all the things festering in a barn somewhere.

5 Likes