Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update March 15-20

On top of everything else, another crime is reported in Ambridge. Harrison investigates, and finds yet more trouble in Borsetshire’s answer to Sodom and Gomorrah. Will we ever be out of the mire and back to the days when early lambing was Ambridge’s only problem?
Cheer is thin on the ground at the moment, with Ben’s damp squib of a birthday doing little to lift spirits - until Jill and Leonard give the moaning teenager an unexpected present.
Philip and Kirsty do their best to keep calm and carry on, and the stress is building up, and Philip is so desperate he even reaches out to Gavin for help.
Meanwhile, Jolene and Kenton are impressed by an unexpected admission, and Lilian makes one of her suggestions.

Thanks to Maggiesaes of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

4 Likes

It’ll be exposed ankles next, you mark my words.

Ask the next editor.

A motorcycle. Helmet strictly optional.

4 Likes

If this is the car he so wants but his parents have chosen not to give him, much ad I abhor said parents if I were they I’d go bloody apeshit.

The aged pair should discuss it with said parents, not usurp them.

Has Jill ever got ANY parenting/grandparenting decision right ?

5 Likes

Oh, Armers, if anyone deserves being usurped it’s the Dopeys. Especially if we have now to believe the new truth that Josh was given a car (which he wasn’t). The Dopeys have always been penny-wise and pound foolish. If Jill and Leonard give Ben a car and it causes trouble, hooray!

I have a feeling it won’t be a car, but whatever it is will be taken as an implied reproach to David and Ruth. Good.

4 Likes

…oh no! BuntingGate all over again! :no_mouth::no_mouth::cry:

“…'ere, GaasolineGav! …can you fill 'er up on the way back?” (…see wot I did there?)

…I bet it has four wheels and makes a “vrooom! vrooom! vroom!” sound (…a bit bloody obvious, Sturmey! - Ed)

(…well it is TA!) :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::thinking:

2 Likes

…here in New Hamster, wearing helmets whilst riding a motorcycle is optional, and the general view among the sane is “…only wear a helmet if you have something you think worthy of protection. Charles Darwin was so right!”

2 Likes

…oh dear! Poor Benjy!

…see above! :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::hushed::hushed::hushed::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::wink:

2 Likes

…thus proving that somewhere, someone is channeling Enid Blyton! (…TA SW team, are you reading this?)

2 Likes