Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update March 29-April 2

The dark forces currently controlling Ambridge certainly cooked up trouble in the Grey Gables kitchen, but it doesn’t seem anywhere near as dire as it might have now that we’ve all been served up something nasty from Virus World.
Celebrations seem a long way from anyone’s mind, and poor old Kirsty, already having had one blighted wedding, looks to be heading towards another. Should she carry on with her plans, and will the much troubled Philip be in any mood for the plighting of troths?
Celebrations over the arrival of Xander’s birth certificate are somewhat muted as Adam, on top of everything else, is short of sleep and feeling his age.
Meanwhile, Lee gets in an awkward situation, and Gavin - whom we’ve never liked - gets worrying information.

Thanks to Maggiesaes of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

5 Likes

Thanks Janie. But does this relate to the epis that should have been broadcast or to the epis that will be broadcast? I guess the latter since the title is March 29-April 2, not to April 3. It’s all too confusing for my little brain, and set to get more so, I guess.

Dare we hope that the SWs are intending to start portraying reluctant fatherhood in late middle-age realistically and not as a bed of roses? It would be good to think so but I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Oh come on.

Celebrate a birth, fair enough. A christening, I suppose, if you’re religious. The arrival of a certificate? No.

3 Likes

I altered it to April 2 as we won’t get a broadcast on April 3. These spoilers may not be reflecting the recent changes, however. To your latter question, yes, I jolly well hope Adam does struggle. He’s been a pretty distant father so far. OK, he is the one going out to work but nevertheless, he was blackmailed into the whole idea, so I do hope some resentment starts to show: “Whose bloody idea was this anyway, Ian?”

5 Likes

Well it may be that from this point on Lexi has no more rights over the brat. Not that she in the least seems to want it, though I did wonder about one of those gurrls who was singing to it before it was born.

5 Likes

Nor am I. I fear my ideal scenario of an enraged Adam, without Mummy Ian there to do the usual runt work, deliberately dropping and breaking the new(ish) toy is increasingly unlikely. a) because hia twittering fool of a mother is interfering again stepping in; b) because they wouldn’t be so liberal-handed as to give us three things they think we will think are An Awful Shame in quick succession (failed detonation of the Snell-beast, another Miller wedding débâcle AND infanticide); and c) even if they had been going to they won’t because we will be needing Cheering Up.

How little they know us, TFM :wink:

4 Likes

Kirsty, a new twist on an old saying - always the bride, never the bride.

4 Likes

chortle, but

in a rapidly-aging neck?

4 Likes

A friendly reminder from 24 April 2014:

4 Likes

Thank you, Sparrer. A complete delight.

4 Likes

Laughed out loud at that one, poor Kirsty!

5 Likes

As well as the Kirstian howl, there is a bit of a ‘moo’ at the end of that clip. Was that Jill, does anyone know?

4 Likes

I think it’s meant to be the congregation, though it sounds to me like grams from the Comical Sound Effects tape.

4 Likes

I remember Eddie said, “Bloimey, that’s torn it!” But I don’t think he mooed.

5 Likes

I thought that was Toby when Rosie was born.

3 Likes

I remember watching one of those reality shows from the maternity ward. The father was saying "Don’t blame me, I wanted to get a puppy :laughing: "

3 Likes