Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update May 14-19

Many thanks to LadySusan, who nobly put off having a cuppa and starved her cat to give me this, since my usual source on Sue’s Mustardland is on hols. (Tsk, on hols, I ask you, feeble excuse!)

Few of us have missed those ghastly but valuable figurines that once adorned Matt and Lillian’s mantelpiece. They disappeared when Matt scarpered with all of Lillian’s loot, but now, they’re back in Ambridge. Matt returns them to Lillian, and Justin takes - as is his way - a fancy to the aged items.
Miranda, keen to keep a firm grasp on her and Justin’s loot, pays Lillian a call and does her best to shatter Lillian’s hopes and dreams.
A fragile future lies ahead - what with one thing and another - for many other Ambridgers, whose lives are in Toby’s far from safe hands.
Meanwhile, Kirsty finds that the delicate balance of nature has been smashed to pieces up at Grange Farm by the Grundys’ creation of Hog Heaven.

2 Likes

Oooh. Ambridge’s in danger from Toby’s unsafe activity.

I’m thinking exploding stills.

3 Likes

Goody! I hope the cracks are showing in Lilian and Justin’s relationship. Not that I want to hear more of them.

2 Likes

Excuse me !!! My feline prince is anything but starved !!! He only had to wait 10 minutes even if he did look most put out about the delay… at least I didn’t try and freeze him :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

ignore me. A touch of trouble with the old cretinism. Must be an easterly breeze or summat.

3 Likes

< groans inwardly >

Right. Thanks a lot for bringing that one up, LadySusan. No one is ever going to let me forget leaving Heidi on the balcony in the middle of our Canadian winter. Are they … Gus?

In revenge she has stolen my fleece and refuses to give it back.

2 Likes

Toughened the sweet little blossom up, that did, Janie. And as far as ‘possessions’ like fleeces go, well, you know your place.
I must say, as a poor sisterless being, the sidelight this shines on the sibling relationship is highly illuminating*. I presume there is a cover story for you living on different continents :wink:

*that is the point of lights, you twat. Ed

3 Likes

And I hereby certify that Lady Susan’s cat is not starving. (whispers … rather to the contrary actually, though I speak as shouldn’t, her Heidiness not being know for her svelteness.)

2 Likes

No doubt about Heidi being tough, Gus! She has ‘made in Canada’ stamped on her coat. Oh dear, everything has become about cats. Only right and proper of course.

Thanks again for the spoiler, LadySusan, truly.

3 Likes

Oooh, another feline dumpling! A trouble shared is a trouble thirded in this instance.
Happy birthday to Mrs B Cat for yesterday, btw. She had a celebratory sardine. She’s svelter than she was when she was nicking the poor Lad’s elderly, poorly cat high calorie biscuits, though… The Teenage Vet was very understanding about the reasons for her globularity.

3 Likes

Can’t better Armer’s little fantasy of exploding stills. Here’s hoping. Sorry for digression.

1 Like

It was my pleasure JJ and good to know that Conrad is in good ever sooooo slightly ‘portly’ feline company​:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Do you realise, chaps, that ‘Tom offers his philosophy’ tomorrow? To Toby, probably. I suspect we would all tell him just where to put his philosophy. If that’s the case, what with his choice of Kenton as his mentor, Pip as the love of his life, listening to Tom philosophising would complete a hat trick of bad choices.

1 Like

What about Pigsqueal? Is she pregnant?

I misread that as sweet little bosom and thought we were still on about Pip.

1 Like

It’s always about cats, Aisling! We can’t help ourselves.

2 Likes

Right ho, then! I shall redirect my thoughts onto pussies.

Don’t you bloody start down that route of speculation, Aisling. Leave it to the hard of thinking in multiple other loci.

1 Like

Reckon I walked into that one.

1 Like

Good grief!