Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update May 31-June 3

The dark forces currently controlling Ambridge like the villagers to keep within their class, and bring sorrow and pain on those who try to get above themselves. Just ask Chris Carter - the farrier is paying the price for marrying into the Aldridge clan as wanton wife Alice’s actions continue to wreak havoc in the village.
Mia Grundy should take heed of this. She’s had enough heartache in her life and now, she’s gone and fallen for Ruairi.
Emma, who knows what happens to Ambridgers with social ambitions, tries to warn Mia that she’s heading for heartache, but will Mia listen to Emma’s advice?

Thanks to Maggiesaes of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

3 Likes

Good-oh!

Hope not. Sharp rebuffs to the tedious little dreep from Ruairi and the Aldridges should fuel Emmur’s resentment nicely.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the ‘wanton wife’ bit!

2 Likes

There have been previous instances of the perpetrators of the DM teaser using words that do not mean what they fondly believe them to. ‘Pugilistic’ - grasping, I imagine, for ‘pugnacious’ - being a recent example. I suspect in this case ‘wanton’ = ‘wayward’. Or possibly ‘soup’.

3 Likes

Tell me more of this Alice Soup Project. I know people.

3 Likes

I’m afraid you’re right, but I hope not. I was looking forward to her behaving inappropriately with the vicar.

3 Likes

Sadly, Sparrer, I imagine the only soup likely to feature is the electric sort.

3 Likes

Not a lot of choice about for a spot of wantoning, is there, once family (and Jazzer) are ruled out… Well, well, you could be on to something there.

3 Likes

Who should replace Jazzer with the sheep shears?

4 Likes

Fabrice?

Hello and welcome.

2 Likes

Sans Spex I read your name as ‘Sinnerman’ :joy:

Welcome - either name should fit very well here.

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Welcome Healerman
My card is behind the bar for a welcome drink

If the sparrow has left any booze for the rest of us

4 Likes