Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update

Keep your head down if you’re visiting Ambridge this week. A press gang roams the lanes looking for players for the village cricket team, and the hot summer has hammered the pitch into a killing field.
The summer has also turned Henry, never our favourite child, into a fiend, and Helen has no idea what to do.
Elizabeth, also driven to her wits end by her son, finds herself leaning in a dangerous direction for support, while Jim - who, like most of us, has never been a Shula fan - offers support to his sullen son.
Rumours smoulder about flame haired Burns, which Fallon does her best to stamp out, while, as the Ambridge summer glowers on, one man keeps his cool and comes to the rescue - Oliver!

Thanks to Maggiesaes from ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

3 Likes

Dangerous direction will presumably be Shagger Russ.

I look forward to Henry being exorcised. Or euthanised. Both, ideally.

2 Likes

Does she know who he is ? It’s been a while since she’s spent time with him.

2 Likes

I predict an “after all he’s / you’ve been through” - the dullard script gnomes can’t resist that one

Retarded little sod.

2 Likes

Oh how lovely: the pore widder flings herself into the sympathetic arms of Russ. What will Lily say?

Where would be the fun in that just as Henwy is starting to fulfill his potential and be a thorn in the side to all, especially his dear Mama? Do let’s enjoy his fiendish phase. You don’t want to hear another ‘Aw wight’, do you?

2 Likes

That is a point.

2 Likes

However, like you, I am bracing myself for an ‘after all he/she’s been through’. They always manage to spoil our fun. The IBR, fr’instance: I had such high hopes of that, then David went and spoilt it all by saying Pip had gained everyone’s respect with her hard work after that particular cock-up which she had compounded by lying about it.

2 Likes

Turn Henry back in for the refund, I say. How long do the warranties last on those things anyway?

2 Likes

I think you can dump them at Social Services right up to 16.

If she did put it into a rescue home he’d be there until 16, or even 18 coz no-one would agree to take it home for keeps.

3 Likes

Mother and daughter. Didn’t the late Alan Clark go in for that sort of thing?

3 Likes

Yep.

… & the Hollies were never quite the same again. :joy:

2 Likes