Days are getting shorter, but even so

There seemed to be some confusion in the scripting mind* as to whether the meal the hooty horror was departing from was lunch (ok, well she said it was, and delicious to boot) or supper, what with her declining a cuppa and saying that the peckitty fratchety lovebirds needed ‘a quiet night’.
Sloppy writing.

*ha! I know…

3 Likes

I wondered about that.

I don’t think even the most determined “dinner is in the middle of the day” person calls the evening meal “lunch” in order to replace it, do they?

3 Likes

Not in my experience, no. But no doubt it will turn out to be A Thing, if queried sufficiently.

3 Likes

Not here, perhaps.

4 Likes

And anyone who didn’t know that is a vile lackey of the privileged classes who hates and despises those who lunch in the evening and longs to grind their handmade heel into the snivelling and starving lunchers.

6 Likes

That too…

3 Likes

Have we actually met, Marjorie? only you seem to know me so well ;- )

5 Likes

I’ve been to see a few spooky things over the Halloween period and my brain’s gone a bit suggestible. Kind of slightly blotting paperish. I fear you may be influencing me.

Oh, got it!!! Last week we saw The Turn of the Screw in the cemetery opposite us - Arnos Vale - and that’s all about suggestibility. I’ll just think of you as Miles&Flora :yum:

5 Likes

I’ll take that as a compliment, Marjorie dere, and thank you kindly.

One has not actually lived, Eng. Lit.-wise, until one has heard The Wife of Bath’s Tale referenced, in the thickest of Belfast tones, as ‘The Turn of the Screwed’.

5 Likes