Don't Bring Lulu. Fri March 20th 2020

We were supposed to be dining together tonight, weren’t we, Sparrer?

Why do I have this strange feeling of having dodged a bullet? ;- )

4 Likes

And get that adjectival parrot out of the bluddy microwave!

No, this is a real thing, on the phone just now. She seems to feel the microwave is prime nesting real estate. Bloody Spring…

4 Likes

Could be worse, could be a wombat in a washing machine.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1240490003781672966

4 Likes

With honey. We’re not barbarians.

4 Likes

I’m getting the feeling that Soo and the Girls have got wind of something going on to which they haven’t been invited. Don’t say you weren’t warned…

5 Likes

Avian Siblinghood is going to cause me to let 'em in in a moment. You have been warned.

5 Likes

Ach, the more the merrier. Let ALL the birds in! Vultures, ravens, the odd emu…
< it can only improve the standard of the dancing, from what I’ve seen… >

4 Likes

4 Likes

Forevermore.

I shall go to bed.

4 Likes

Gus, dahling, that’s not me trying to dance, it’s me trying to walk

4 Likes

Tbe gin takes me that way sometimes too, dere. But so long as you are enjoying yerself, fill yer boots. Not other people’s; in some cultures that is considered rude.

4 Likes

Depends what with…

3 Likes

We seem to have drifted rather off topic. I’m still wondering what exactly poor Lulu could have done to attract such opprobrium…

3 Likes

[yawnity]
Why does me beak taste like gin and champagne?
Oh right, French 75s.
S’pose we should start clearing up then…

3 Likes

No clearing up to be done, Sparrer. I threw it all into the garden and set fire to it, for Hygiene The small greenhouse went as well; but I never really liked it.

4 Likes

I was going to open me Noo box of Nitrile gloves…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

But :fire:!

5 Likes

Blimey Joe.

Who knew Alan Rickman had such a voice ? & in fluent German too !

… and Denise Welch.

The male dancer left alone to dance on stage left … was he interpreting for the deaf ?

Makes you proud the Opera receives such state backing.

3 Likes

I’m with you Armrest old chum

That was painful

But art is art

4 Likes

The curse of egomaniac producers who insist on their vision at the expense of that of the dramatist/composer…

Lulu is quite shocking enough as it stands - it really doesn’t need to be fecked around with to be “relevant” [shudder]. Berg’s own ideas for staging are quite explicit - after all, he knew the original Wedekind plays intimately, having been among the invited audience of their première as a double bill. Since he prepared the libretto himself, it’s fairly clear it’s what he (and no doubt Wedekind) wanted.

5 Likes