eBoy

Why all of the “greatest thing since sliced bread” approbation for Josh (eBoy) and his farm equipment website?

Do you think somebody should tell the TA writers about: http://farm.autotrader.co.uk.

Looking on there, you find that David and Ruth could have bought 1, 2 or even 3 tractors for the price they paid for a new drive-shaft on their old crock.

6 Likes

We don’t know that it was an old crock; it may have been the huge new tractor they bought to do their contracting work, which they did at the same time as contracting out their arable work to Home Farm…

No, don’t ask me, I didn’t understand it now and I doubt that I ever shall. Everyone in Ambridge seemed to be doing someone else’s arable at that point. Taking in each other’s washing.

4 Likes

I find it hard to duplicate the thought process of the scriptwriters here. Maybe they’re stuck twenty years in the past, when “I will sell stuff via a web site rather than with a shop or a catalogue” was a relatively new idea? This is a classic example of a network effect: the network (of buyers and sellers) becomes more useful as the square of the number of people using it (maybe a bit less given cost of transport), which means people will mostly join the biggest one, and the others have no reason to grow.

5 Likes

Josh is more eDelBoy

6 Likes

I’m really rather tempted to put up a fake Josh Archer website - perhaps done in really chunky black & white graphics, as if it was created on a ancient Sinclair zx81. Possibly put a load of dummied CV about Josh and his family, too.

Sell off Bartleby and his cart. Tony’s tractor - not the one that “done for” John. That sort of thing.
I have spare web-space, it’s just a matter of gathering sufficient motivation.

4 Likes

To be properly up to the minute, just a grey box saying “you must install a plugin to view this website”.

5 Likes

… and an interminably revolving egg-timer just to be ever so slightly out of date.

3 Likes

Josh would probably learn his Web Skillz from Kenton: blink tags, animated GIFs, and “Under Construction”.

3 Likes

Him and That Plonker Toby.

1 Like

What thought process? Try lazy assumptions!

1 Like