FagAsh working behind the bar at t'Bull?

Right…

…well, there go the profits! :open_mouth:

In fact, here is the perfect Larson analogy:

4 Likes

Since they are at least as much Lilian’s profits as they are Jolene’s, and completely more than they are Kenton’s, she can do what she wants with her share of them.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct, however I just LAed (…it’s OK, my doctor knows about it, and she’s put me on medications which we hope will cure me!)

“I gave her a tenner and she gave me change for a twenty, and when I pointed it out, she just laughed and told me to stick the extra in a charity box!”

…er, um, wot? :confounded:

3 Likes

I see no problem there. Lilian is giving ten pounds to charity, and very properly not thinking about it nor making a show of it.

3 Likes

I wonder what t’Bull’s accountants might make of that gesture, particularly in light of TheBoyKentun’s recent whining/whinging re. t’Bull’s finances/liquidity?

4 Likes

What does it have to do with the Bull’s accountant(s) if any, should Lilian choose to give £10 to charity? Since there is no evidence she did not reimburse the till from her purse, I shall choose to assume she is not a petty thief.

3 Likes

…does anyone here know if t’Bull is a free-house or is it tied to a local brewery¹ (…er, um, what’s the name of the one just off the bypass? …isn’t that the one which brews “Shires”?)

¹ in which case it would certainly use accountants, I would have thought!

3 Likes

It’s been a free house since it was purchased outright from Stourhampton Breweries in 1959.

4 Likes

Kenton doesn’t want Lilian there to see how badly he is ‘managing’ the finances

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yet in sixty years has only sold Shires and Namenlospisswasserbräu? They’d have been better off staying as a tied house.

5 Likes

Depends on who has bought Stourhampton Breweries in the interim, doesn’t it. With many of the beer companies, the pub would have been a des res twenty+ years ago.

5 Likes

True, but running a pub as a manager can avoid a lot of the uncertainty that’s plagued the Bull over the years. In any case, the Bull should be safe enough; why would a brewery close a pub that appears to be packed all day, every day?

Which begs the question, why does a pub that appears to be packed all day every day seem always to be on the verge of bankruptcy?

5 Likes

Kenton.

5 Likes

…but surely (Shirley) would that not lead to multitudinous hilarious Grundgiesque misunderstaningisations/japes etc. etc.

2 Likes

Indeed.

You can be absolutely certain that you are being shafted.

I don’t know, joe, but they do. Having first reduced the manager to penury with their demands about pricing.

4 Likes

All of which may be true, but if the person in charge of a free house is

• not actually offering a range of beers
  • incapable of running an independent business (or indeed any other kind)

…then it probably doesn’t make a lot of difference

3 Likes