Fallon: when did she

watch Jolene and Wayne make a lash-up of their marriage? They had broken up before she was three, and Jolene had moved to Huddersfield to live with a bass player.

3 Likes

Who was also called Wayne, maybe?

3 Likes

Or it may just be that this weeks work-experience writers, were babes in arms or not even thought of, back then.

3 Likes

Jolene was clear that it was the lash-up she and Wayne made of their marriage (a way I have not before heard that phrase used) which she feared might have soured Fallon’s young life, and I am fairly clear that she didn’t marry her bass-player.

3 Likes

And don’t have English as a first language, maybe, Useders?

3 Likes

What is this young life Fallon is supposed to have? She’s in her early 30s and has been around the block a few times.

2 Likes

Presumably when she was young. Like, before she was four.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Not convinced. At a guess, 50% plus of the other young kids of that age, would have been from single-parent families.

2 Likes

That’s anybody at the BBC, these days.

1 Like

Go and tell Jolene, rather than me? She was the one who was of the opinion that her and Wayne’s marriage breaking up might have soured Fallon about relationships – and Fallon must have been under four when it happened, most likely under three.

3 Likes

Possibly not even born :wink:

2 Likes

I may have go it sussed… Perhaps the editor blokie is going to inflict a whole string of pscho-babble nonsense stories on us, like SoC did with the Helen/Rob tedium.

Before we know it, we’ll have Pip, who is compensating for being a terminal pain in the posterior. Because she was brought up by a family of chimps on an island in the lake at Longleat.

2 Likes

Something of a slur on regular chimps, isn’t that? Bonobos, possibly.

3 Likes

I think we can be reasonably sure, since Fallon was born three months after their wedding, that she was in the Jolene/Wayne family when that marriage broke up acrimoniously. How much she knew about it, who knows; as with her touching memories of going to the seaside with Daddy when she was little, I have my doubts about it.

3 Likes

Bad guess

From the ONS.

3 Likes

Jolene’s worry in any case was not that Fallon was the child of a single-parent family, which from her mother’s divorce until she was sixteen she was; it was whether the break-up of her mother’s marriage might have put her off marriage.

(Though if Jolene was living with a bass-player, was she a single parent? I would have said that Fallon had at least a father-figure in her life until she was eleven and they came back to Borchester without him.)

1 Like