Four parishes?

What happened to the other three?

3 Likes

Bunter did, wringing his hands ineffectually.

2 Likes

How come Bunter is still at Ambridge. The CoE claim to have a policy of moving their priests around - they donā€™t leave them too long anywhere, in case they go native.

Bunter has been there for (it seems like ever) over a decade.
He must be a rotten priest. He hasnā€™t been promoted - surely he should be at least a Sergeant-priest my now?

Getting rid of TVOA would have the added advantage of getting rid of Usha, too and in such a way that she couldnā€™t accuse the General Synod or whoever, of age discrimination.

Speaking of which Priests do have a retirement age. How old is Alan?

Just asking like.

2 Likes

Not only that, when he arrived he rang the church bell eight times: once for each year he would stay. That was August 3rd 2003.

3 Likes

So they kept him on, Eh?

He must know where the bodies are buried. - See what I did there?

3 Likes

In the graveyard ???

Bravo. Good one.

3 Likes

For a moment there I thought you were suggesting she might take over from him. I know theyā€™re pretty relaxed these days but I think they do like their vicars to be at least nominally Christian. (Actually believing in God is a bonus.)

[quote=ā€œUsed2B, post:3, topic:257, full:trueā€]Speaking of which Priests do have a retirement age. How old is Alan?[/quote]Iā€™m afraid itā€™s 70. And the CofE, as far as I can tell, is trying to get it raised, because theyā€™re so short of people wanting to do the job.

3 Likes

I once tried to work out Alan Franksā€™ age, on the basis that Amy, same age as Alice, must have been born in 1988 or so; I donā€™t think she would have been born when he was younger than twenty, so the youngest he could be would be 49, but there is no saying what the oldest possible would be. I think myself he is likely to be not less than 55, given that he had to do all the accountancy exams and stuff and I think he probably married after he had done them.

Usha was born in 1962.

2 Likes

I wonder if the CofE have considered recruiting from the Syrian asylum seekers?

As long as they were given Fridays off for attending mosque.

1 Like

He was offered promotion to a position in the Cathedral. I canā€™t remember when that was and think it might possibly have been in an Ambridge Extra.

2 Likes

But can AmEx be regarded as canonical?

Sorry, sorry, not very sorry.

2 Likes

What can I say to that?

Yes. Well somebody has to clean Cathedrals, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

It depends whether heā€™s been licensed for a fixed period, which can be extended, or instituted as incumbent with parsonā€™s freehold. In the latter case, it would take ā€˜gross moral turpitudeā€™ to get rid of him, Iā€™m not even sure heresy would do it. In practice, my spies in the CofE tell me that bishops are tending to license first and see whether the vicar and the congregation get on. There hasnā€™t been a major row of Franksensteinā€™s making, even Śri Śiva was glossed as Alan the liberal being Alan the liberal, so thereā€™d be no problem.

3 Likes

Are you deliberately trying to depress us? :cry:

4 Likes

giggles in an unhealthy manner :japanese_ogre::smiling_imp::scream_cat:

4 Likes

As a statement of the obvious, that ranks pretty high :smirk:

1 Like

I think you mean oblivious. Glad to see youā€™re keeping cheerful. Happy Easter!

2 Likes

I know what I meant, and ā€˜obviousā€™ it was (sigh, it so often is, sadly) , but thank you kindly.

Happy Easter to you too, Aisling, and to all ARites.

1 Like

Yes Happy Easter everyone :bouquet::chocolate_bar:

1 Like