Front Row…

…tonight featured the forthcoming TA Canterbury Tales. Apparently this is unusual for a DeSnell production in that the entire production will be broadcast. Have they forgotten Blithe Spirit and Calendar Girls?

4 Likes

This is the BBC, about a BBC production. With an actorrrrr who’s been involved in all of these.

Stunning.

5 Likes

I turned off before it, but really?

I thought it was only The Archers that had no idea of continuity; didn’t realise it was the entire BBC.

4 Likes

But doesn’t the actorrrr have some ability, nay … responsibility, to correct a clear error when they hear it ?

5 Likes

I’ll put up the odd UCE, if they’re the price of airbrushing SOC’s contributions out of TA’s history.

4 Likes

Aaawww. I don’t want him airbrushing, I want to blame him for absolutely everything.

5 Likes

Airbrush paint is really quite toxic, you know…

4 Likes

On another, related, point, why is this sort of nonsense considered necessary at all? Consider this:

Whose Body? (1988)

An excellent radio adaptation, directed by Vanessa Whitburn and featuring several TA cast members. No one saw any need to claim that they were playing anyone other than the characters as whom they were billed.

3 Likes

Fair point, but if we could reset to, say, June 2013…

5 Likes

There are quite a few very familiar names in that cast, aren’t there.

4 Likes

But not, as far as I am aware, anyone called Carter, Tucker or Crawford.

3 Likes

Indeed not and I should hope so to.

3 Likes

Incidentally I have an off-air recording of this, if anyone wants a copy.

3 Likes

Better still, you can all decide for yourselves - download here:

Whose Body?

Available until 25/12

4 Likes

[giant sucking sound]

4 Likes

For a bit of context: some people have a home NAS. This is one of the file servers Chez Feral Techie.

4 Likes