Front Row

Did anyone hear Burn’s actor, James Cartwright, on Front Row?

I do not care for Harrison Burns.

I care even less for Cartwright, who came across as a wart, a blot, a pustule and an ocean-going pillock.

5 Likes

Presumably not sufficiently ocean-going, though?

4 Likes

Indeed not, Dunnock.

The words ‘creepy mysogynistic little *%&#er’ are mysteriously absent from my earlier post.

4 Likes

I had been avoiding it; I dislike both character and actor, the former because he is a nasty bit of work who is completely unfit to be a member of the police, the latter because he is a violent little crim.

4 Likes

For some reason I put the news on and then I was washing up… I am not an habitual listener to FR, honest.

In a weird way, I find that quite satisfying.

4 Likes

What, that the actor of a policeman had just got a criminal record for GBH when he was employed? I think he was chosen for the part by Sean O’Connor on that account, myself.

4 Likes

More that it vindicates my instinctive dislike, really.
I must have known about this at the time, I imagine, but I’d obviously forgotten.
Doubt it counted much with SOCO either way since it wasn’t a woman he punched.

5 Likes

Very likely. Though there is a sort of person who just likes the idea of random violence, of course.

I see that O’Connor’s most recent work is called The Fatal Passion of Alma Rattenbury and is an account of the life and death of a woman who talked the chauffeur she was screwing into murdering her husband, then killed herself after she was acquitted of the crime.

3 Likes

I’ll sick with Cause Célèbre, ta.

2 Likes

Ah, you beat me to it o limpetly one. So now we know O’C thinks he’s a better playwright than Rattigan. (Not that I rate Rattigan, but.)

4 Likes

stick with, that should have been, dammit!

stick

Word association, I suppose, what with O’Connor and all…

4 Likes

“O’Connor serves as a trustee of the estate of Sir Terence Rattigan.”

He also produced a film of The Deep Blue Sea.

There seems to be some sort of, well, lack of originality in there somewhere…

4 Likes

Probably didn’t have as many sharks as the one with Saffron Burrows.

5 Likes

He came across that way to me too (like you, I didn’t intend listening but was trapped, on the treadmill in my case) and I was equally revolted by the woman interviewing him - simpering and flirting throughout. The whole thing was stomach churning.

4 Likes

…sounds a bit “Double Indemnity”-ish :face_with_raised_eyebrow: to this OldFart!

4 Likes

And indeed Thompson/Bywaters, as fictionalised in The Documents in the Case.

5 Likes

Wish I could have arranged the audition…

5 Likes