Fruit trees cost about £20 a pop

…and that’s retail—buying one or two from the garden centre. Wholesale, about £7 or £8. In bulk, surely even less. They seemed to be talking about spending the whole 500k on the bloody things; How many are they planning to plant, FFS?

Oh—hang on. Of course, there’ll be a few overdraftsheads, won’t there? Call it half a dozen…

3 Likes

Special commercial tasteless bung 'em in with a backhoe first crop within a year fruit trees might be another matter, I suppose.

4 Likes

Not much use for juicing, though, I’d have thought? That’s Gnasher’s—sorry, slip of the tongue—Tom’s plan, isn’t it? Get half a million invested in her—Oops! Another one, sorry!—their business with no need to pay anything back?

The Nuffield Foundation must really love this SL…

4 Likes

Yes, I wasn’t sure whether planting trees all around the village was a business plan, or just an idea to be philanthropic? Also, there’s a fair amount of maintenance with 500k worth of trees, and there was no mention of whether the fund is a one off lump sum after which the farms are responsible for continuing with whatever plan they’ve implemented.

5 Likes

Half-baked cobblers, in fact, as we have come to expect from Tom and from the programme.

What I wonder is, are we supposed to admire Tom’s entrepreneurial spirit, or to have noticed that he is a wozzock?

4 Likes

Incidentally, a half-baked cobbler would almost certainly be disgusting.

3 Likes

We are told that there were fans of Helen, even before the domestic-abuse storyline. (I haven’t met them, but I don’t go to other boards.) If that’s possible, surely there must be fans of Tom too?

4 Likes