Glastonbury

Has anyine ever been ?

I’m a bit if a creature comforts person & whilst i like the concept i know it wouldn’t work fir me.

Watching now, the big crowd at the main stage and, as usual, lots & lots & lots of flags on sticks near the stage … which presumably block a decent view for so many.

I’m afraid I’d need my secateurs

4 Likes

I went to a few festivals in my teens. I grew out of it. Then I worked security at a few in my thirties; that was a lot more fun, because I mostly wasn’t close enough to the stage to feel the music in my breastbone even with heavy-duty cans on. And since I was able to camp back-stage as staff, I avoided the worst of the mud, and had rather more civilised latrines available.

I wouldn’t go to a festival and camp, these days.

3 Likes

But feeling the music in your sternum is the good bit…

I have never done Glastonbury. Probably never will now, which is a bit sad. But you know, these days, it’s the khazi angle that is top of the list of Reasons Not To Make A Fool Of Oneself.

3 Likes

Grandson aged 26 has been to Glasto 4 times, the last 2 with use of a friend’s parents caravan, with facilities

He much preferred that…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Yes thank you.

4 Likes

I’ve dropped the kids off plenty of times. Roughing it really isn’t my thing. If the wind’s from the south I can hear it. We can get local tickets for the Sunday, but still doesn’t appeal.

3 Likes

A friend of mine, aged 60, is presently at Glasto. She has never before been there, but the tickets were a 60th birthday pressie from her Kinder. I am delighted for her that it isn’t muddy, but she would just get on with it, regardless, *intrepid and fearless soul that she is. I can’t wait for her report!
Soo xx
*She parachuted for Breast Cancer Awareness while in her 30s, landed hard on her heels and did significant bony damage, including a fractured pelvis, and never once whinged. Except for the odd touch of morphine.

3 Likes

Good for her, hope she’s having a brilliant time. I did my festivalling as a student; communal trench toilets have a way of putting you off for life!

4 Likes