Goats!

"However entrancing it is to wander unchecked through a garden of bright images, are we not enticing your mind from another subject of almost equal importance?”

That is to say … goats?

Once upon a time I spied a huge goat sneak up onto a stone wall where a very young Miss Janie, aged about ten, and I were sitting and stand unnoticed about two inches from the back of her head. So I said, ‘Very, very quietly, darling, turn your head around’ and she got the fright of her life when she found herself eyeball to eyeball with those famously evil eyes.

(Not that is not a very cool rooster, Joe!)

5 Likes

JJ, somewhere in an unpacked box I have a photo of that goat and Miss Janie, how she didn’t fall off the wall with the fright I don’t know and the goat didn’t hang around either but that may have been because the rest of us were laughing so much :grinning:

5 Likes

I doubt one would have much say in the matter were a Brahma to decide your lap was where it wanted to sit, not even if one happened to be standing up at the time. The 400lb gorilla of the chicken world.

4 Likes

Chortle, and likewise snork.

There are few more charming sights that watching tiny kids (the nice, goat kind, I mean) mountaineering on a mudbathing Middlewhite sow of gigantic proportions. The pig seemed not to mind at all.

And while we are on the topic, anyone not seen this yet?

4 Likes

Ooh, you should dig that photo out of the box, LadyS, would love to see it!

3 Likes

Yes, but would Miss Janie be pleased? We had a rule that when our children left home they could take with them or destroy any photos of themselves if they preferred us not to have them to show around.

3 Likes

She’ll be fine about it, not sure about the goat though.

4 Likes