Good Lord! Dopey

talking some sense!

And Ruth backing him up!

Am I asleep and dreaming?

2 Likes

And he even made a little joke tonight. Possibly I am giving him undue credit and it was an accident; but when Josh said ā€˜Calving?!ā€™ in tones of trepidatious horror, Dayveed responded 'You know the ropes". Yes, it probably was an accident, on reflection.

Jill is 94 insane.

2 Likes

Are you perhaps mixing her up with Peggy? Jillā€™s a mere stripling of 87

2 Likes

Or did you simply mean ā€œJill is insaneā€?

2 Likes

Nope. It was a lighthearted 'omage to Private Eye. Tchah, pearls before swineā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not going to allow myself to be too happy about their daring to utter the slightest teeniest criticism of Pip out of her hearing. If they confront the presumptuous little madam then I will jump for joy.

Oh, and sorry to be a wet blanket, but I do wish they had contradicted her and said that her being pregnant will indeed make a difference to the business and not allowed her instead to ride roughshod over Ruthā€™s reasonable concern as to whether now is a good time to renew the dairy parlour. Pip is already costing them more in wages for casual labour to do her job for her. Not to mention they are now heaping more work on poor old Josh, who once again has to pay for his sisterā€™s folly and even gets told off for eating too much cake.

(Normally I wouldnā€™t sympathise that much with Josh, heā€™d be just as bad as Pip given half a chance, only heā€™s not the favoured one.)

Will Ben be expected to put aside his A levels for Pipā€™s sake, I wonder, or whatever exams heā€™s doing this year.

4 Likes

Probably. They made him share a room before, after all, in order to make room for Bert ā€“ who could just as well have gone and stayed with his son whilst the bungalow was being renovated after the flood.

Um. Ben, born 15th March, 2002, will be taking his GCSEs this summer I suppose. Having a baby about the place will be just what he needs to help with his studies.

2 Likes

If the baby, if baby there be (yup, Iā€™m in denial here) is confined to Rickyard and with its mother responsible for its care (definitely in denial) it shouldnā€™t have much of an impact on Ben. Anyway, heā€™s ā€˜artisticā€™. No need to revise for Art, is there? :wink:

3 Likes

Profound apostrophes. Am suffering some sort of mild general embuggerance and am consequently a bit slow.

3 Likes

pore joe. Get thee over to the Cellar for a medicinal and sympathy and disembuggeration.

3 Likes