Gosh…

Didn’t see either of those coming did we?

3 Likes

You couldn’t have knocked me down with a feather, joe, no (a JCB would probably give good results, though)

Talking of feathers, how are the chooks and chick?

4 Likes

Hmm - it isa bit overdue for a progress report, isn’t it? Bonnie is proving to be a remarkable demonstration of the principle of heredity. She* has somehow developed a whole raft of mannerisms that were unique to her mother - they’ve never met, so it can’t be learned behaviour. Would have written it off as probably the way all hens behave, but these particular mannerisms were how we were able to tell Cissie apart from the others when she arrived.

I’ll try to get a couple of pics tomorrow; she’s now very definitely a young hen, not a chick any more.

*We hope

3 Likes

Gosh, what a downer that was even though I was expecting it. I was so hoping that both the pregnancy and the wedding would be off.

Bet Lils’nJustin have a quiet wedding on the day planned. My daughter is arriving on Dec 22. Shall I make her listen to the episode? Too cruel do you think?

5 Likes

[quote=“JustJanie, post:4, topic:828”]
Shall I make her listen to the episode? Too cruel?
[/quote]Depends how much she’s annoyed you this year, really…

5 Likes

No one could annoy anyone that much, surely? (Well, with one or two exceptions…)

5 Likes

Haha, you’re all too soft-hearted. I’m going to do it anyway! Serve her right, I was in labour for 15 hours.

4 Likes

Oh well, in that case, I’d recommend putting it in context by playing her the Pip/Toerag and Fagash/Idiot SLs in full

You might need to stock up on gin*.

*For yourself, at least

4 Likes

Good idea. I’ll throw in the Ruth miscarriage story while I’m at it.

3 Likes

This thread has had me chortling most immoderately.
Thank you.

Poor Janie’s dorter. I’m sure she doesn’t really deserve it. (15 hours - pah… nope, honestly, not starting a competitive obstetrics thread, that has been done, and to death, several times elsewhere)
Gxxx

3 Likes

Surely being done to death obstetrically is precisely what we do want in this case?

2 Likes

oh, definitely. Her bursting would be sort of satisfying. Just after Jill had cleaned the house, would be even better.

You will be familiar with Little Thomas, of course?

If not, that can be rectified here:

http://signpetch__1.tripod.com/laurelsaslthanksgivingharvestasl/id8.html

3 Likes

Gawd; where do you find them, Gus?

Thanks for the Hen Report, Joe; sounds like a fine young thing working her way up to Boss.

2 Likes

I was most carefully dragged up - hadn’t you noticed?
Actually, I first came across that gem in an anthology of deply subversive stuff that I foisted on a child of mine. But my father and I could frequently be found reduced to tears of laughter because someone had said something innocent like ‘dusted’ and one of us would mouth ‘Drat the boy’, and that was us, gone. The Ma found this kind of thing rather trying at times: I suppose we did show her up rather…

Anyway, that pome is a useful adjunct to the Struwwelpeter Story of Augustus when trying to inculcate eating disorders and food phobias into the coming generation.

No, it’s fine. I regard this work as wholly pro bono

3 Likes

Pre-empting Mr Creosote by more than half a century.

2 Likes

What is particularly pleasing is that the Former 'Normous Tabby was Tom, or ‘Thomas me boy’ (that was Himself), or Tom-Tom, and thus by obvious routes ‘Twat-Nav’. And he was 'Normous for Reasons (about six hearty Reasons a day if he could wangle it): as he wallopped into his second, or as it might be, third, supper, I would mutter ‘and the dreadful task of peeling Thomas off the walls and ceiling…’

4 Likes

Just had an awful thought. If this pregnancy goes to term, will we have to suffer La Badger’s interpretation of “Woman In Labour”? Apparently the Doomsday Clock is at 2½ minutes to midnight - the second closest it’s been since its inception1. In such circumstances, it would be highly irresponsible to broadcast a sound that may be mistaken for the four minute warning.

1https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock#The_Time_and_Today

2 Likes