Harrison's board game

I hadn’t heard of it, so in case anyone else was curious:

Summary: It seems to be a cross between Civilisation and Hunger Games part 2.

4 Likes

There are other, better games for the pub, in case Kenton gets ideas.

3 Likes

There are definitely games better suited to play in a pub – that have the advantage of still being in production in more than an expensive 30th anniversary edition.

3 Likes

Yep, £31.99 on Amazon.

4 Likes

Which is cheaper than a lot of games, but perhaps not a casual buy for a pub that isn’t really interested.

4 Likes

Sounds like Shaw was right…

2 Likes

Genyouuuwine question:

Are many board games played in pubs these days ?

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I have seen lots of games sitting in pubs in a corner, not seen one in actual use.

3 Likes

I have been known to play a board game in a pub. I’ve even taken my own! But I may be in the minority.

4 Likes

The quality of game available in the local here is not high.

3 Likes

Interesting

It is a very long time since I went to a pub on a regular basis, & even then, here, in the Wild East Midlands it was mainly Darts, Cribbage, Dominoes & possibly a disgustingly greasy pack of cards wot was available.No board games as such

‘Food’ was interesting too- a filled white bread roll -called a ‘Cob’ here, sitting under a clear plastic dome…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Still not bagged the muntjac, then?

3 Likes

Depends a lot on the pub. In somewhere like Oxford, practically any decent pub will have a few games in the corner and they’ll get used moderately often. Near home, not so much.

4 Likes

Bad joe. No game pie.

3 Likes

There are sometimes Awful People playing Performance Scrabble ( like performance parenting - done for the audience) at a relatively local pub. Which I avoid.

4 Likes

Back in the Glorious County (Deb’n Gloreeus Deb’n) where I wuz born and dragged up, us used to play Shuv-Ha’penny, down at the New Inn or the Black 'Orse, or the White Lion. Our old Dad (Master Cabinet-maker) made zeveral Shuv-Ha’penny boards for the local pubs in the area. Us also 'ad Table-Skittles, as well as ‘avin’ a vull-sized skittle alley too! Back when I wuz a nipper, us used to zet up for the local Skittle-League games, ah, wunderful times, free crisps and lemonade shandy (and us used to get paid 5/- (five bob) a night!) Luxury! Them’s wuz the daze!

2 Likes

Nothing that interesting has happened at The Bull since the boules that Sid was so keen on simply vanished between one episode and the next and were never mentioned again.

Darts only exists when they want someone like one-eyed Mike or Wayne the Cough to be exemplary players of darts.

Dull old place, really.

2 Likes