How do the actors make a living?

some characters don’t appear for weeks i.e Jazzer
how do they survive financially?

3 Likes

I think they quite often have outside jobs, if they are not full-time professional actors who have other parts to play. Roy’s actor Ian Pepperell runs the Star Inn at Ringwood, for instance, and Susan’s Charlotte Martin is an academic/research psychologist under another name. I don’t know what else Jazzer’s Ryan Kelly does, but one could probably find out by searching for him and ignoring the various Americans and Irishmen of the same name.

2 Likes

By being waiters. The waiting staff in LA are stunning, all wannabes.

3 Likes

Tim Bentinck does all sorts of things, has written a children’s book, does one-man shows and voice work, Felicity Finch is a BBC reporter sometimes heard on Woman’s Hour, Graham Blockey has just retired as a GP, Michael Cochrane is often seen on TV, the Troughtons both have stage work, Louiza Patikas has (or had, not sure) a part in Coronation Street, she’s also had other TV parts, Andrew Wincott is in another radio programme, I forget which, Ian and Anisha (forget actors’ names) have been seen on TV, Kim Durham had a full time job at the Bristol Old Vic until recently, now he’s free-lancing, Daisy Badger was in ‘Home Fires’ on TV, the Lily actor is much older than she sounds and was in Corrie, I saw Buffy Davis on TV the other day, I forget in what, oh I know, Doc Martin. That’s it off the top of my head!

4 Likes