I can die happy

(or at least no more than usually grumpy) now that Emmur has finally been called a slut on air.

What do you mean, we weren’t supposed to agree with George?

6 Likes

It was wonderful to hear, I agree, and somehow even better because it was George who said it.

5 Likes

I’ve just had an 'orrible thought though. Are the SWs going down the road of ‘it’s not George’s fault he’s an obnoxious little bastard, he can’t help it because he was damaged by his mother being a slut and by all his friends knowing about it etc etc, we should all feel sorry for him really’?

6 Likes

One thing I feel reasonably confident about, and that is that George’s father and his uncle will now be united in sympathy for Neil and Hannah.

I doubt very much that Emma will be able to admit to having got it wrong, as witness her repeated sniping at Ed during that scene for not agreeing with her absolutely and unreservedly, but it’s a start.

We’ll see how Clarrie and Susan react; a lot will depend on whether Will and Ed, or Emma, or George, gets to them first.

6 Likes

I too am mildly anxious on that score, TFM. But sympathies will be short-lived; once he has tried a spot of corrective rape on Hannah, no one - except possibly Emma - will be inclined to be forgiving.

6 Likes

i thought it was brilliant that Emmur had her own comeuppance and that the sainted George was the one who gave it to her just made it delicious

there is hope for George

5 Likes

You had to go and spoil things, didn’t you…

6 Likes

yes

i think George is turning into a villain

i like villains

3 Likes

It was a hugely enjoyable scene, though a bit short on ‘home truths’ from the parental side. And I would have preferred a bit more violence, I was actually expecting an attack on Hannah. The ‘shocking consequences’ promised (why do I always fall for it?) in the spoiler for the day didn’t quite materialise, in my opinion. Leaving your mother, father and uncle speechless doesn’t quite cut it.

Still, brightening up, something horrible might happen today!

5 Likes

I suspect the “shocking consequences” were that Emma slapped George when he called her a slut, just before he stormed out.

5 Likes

Hardly registered on my shock meter! Actually, I was listening in the car and there was ambient noise, so I didn’t hear the slap, only read about it. Will give myself a treat and listen again, something I practically never do.

5 Likes