I know they say that pictures are better on the radio…

…but that doesn’t mean listening to people gushing over catalogues and wedding photos. It’s even more tedious than when people inflict it on you in RL.

Who wrote that shite tonight?

5 Likes

Paul Brodrick. He also wrote last week’s. He seems to have a penchant of throwing in slightly weird dialogue where one person’s response to what another says doesn’t seem to make sense or sound natural. I can’t think of examples right now, but several times last week I was thinking ‘What? Why did that person say that?’

Oh, I know, it was Shula sighing and saying, ‘Oh, Alistair!’ When he hadn’t said anything that warranted it. And another one: the spoiler said ‘Elizabeth breaks down’ and she so evidently didn’t. I am guessing his mandate was to make her break down because one of the narrative spoilers, either Radio Times or Daily Mail had her sobbing over Shula.

I hope it’s OK to report on past spoilers, especially as it’s one that didn’t actually happen.

5 Likes

I should hope so. I suppose we could move spoiler-threads into the main TA section once they’ve all been broadcast, but it seems a lot like hard work.

4 Likes

I am heartily fed up with the twins misdemeanors and the effects on poor widowed Elizabeth

And Henry having been through so much

Please may we have some proper dialogue like Keri writes?

3 Likes

(indrawn breath)
(puts on very small tin 'at)

4 Likes

Dear wee birdie you will be safe behind me

I am certain I am big enuff to shield a wee birdie

3 Likes

Whereas I am heartily fed up with ‘poor widowed Elizabeth’, full stop.
Still, Twellsy, comfort yourself with the thought that if she wanted a Mini-Me in Lily she has succeeded beyond her wildest dreams.

No sparrers were harmed in the making of this post.

4 Likes

A spolier which didn’t go on to happen. Now THAT really IS a spoiler.

4 Likes

Yes, remember how they invented the name of an actor playing Bruce to hide that Bruce and Ursula were not going to appear for the marvellous dinner Helen was preparing? Not that many of us expected them to, it was fairly obvious Rob hadn’t told them they were expected.

4 Likes

I think they did exactly the right thing. In the run-up to NRSATTC there was much enjoyable speculation on the BBC boards as to who was going to be dedded and - extremely creatively - how. The conversation was stopped dead by a total pain who kept barging in with “I’t can’t be X, because they’re in the cast list for 23rd January” and so forth. It was the first time I ever catpeed a poster.

Incidentally the second - and last - time I actually catpeed myself. I was nominating David (inevitably) for Clot Of The Year, but hit an adjacent key by mistake (honest!).

3 Likes

Ah, Clog of the Year, easily done.

4 Likes

Not quite…

(Anyone going to offer “Cloy”?)

4 Likes

Crot, I was thinking.

5 Likes

Or Coot?

P.S. I know perfectly well what you are talking about, Joe.

5 Likes

Slot?

It’s no good, I can’t seem to find it.

4 Likes

I have worked it out despite being as pure and innocent as the driven snow

4 Likes

Some of us needs to behave ourselves or even, as That Fish has more than once suggested to a blithering Gus, ‘behave somebody sensible!’
Not that it actually worked, you understand…

4 Likes