In all the excitement and speculation…

…about the nominees for the Mark Hebden Memorial Prize For Creative Driving, another little gem has gone unremarked; Chris Carter’s lung power. Another tribute to the healing powers of the Am. Has Matt been back long enough to benefit, I wonder…

3 Likes

Chris Carter was blowing up hundreds of balloons for the balloon arch at Kirsty’s wedding long ago now, shortly after the flail chest from which he recovered in about six weeks flat.

3 Likes

How dare I even question the Fanta of All Knowledge, but a) was the debacle wedding that soon after the flail chest?; and b) was he blowing them up by actual puff, rather than a pump or natty little gas canister?

3 Likes

Who knows? I remember there being considerable adverse comment on his too-rapid recovery from flail chest; he was kicked by the horse on 5th March, 2013, and he was playing Christ in the passion play on 18th April, 2014. The balloon arch incident was on 23rd April, 2014.

3 Likes

Thank’ee, Fish. I make no comment on the probability or otherwise of him blowing up balloons by natural means, but you have confirmed that the wedding-that-wasn’t did not follow immediately on the heels of him being kicked in the chest. The Passion Play thing, though - nah. Just, nah.
oh for pity’s sake, it’s all getting rather embarrassing, not just a bit silly, innit.

3 Likes