In the spirit of mumsnet, would I be unreasonable

Yerss

The twirling around the wooden spoon handles…

She made baskets using oiled oranges too

Gawds

All that work, & a box of 8 large ones is £1 these days

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Aye, but they are nothing like, Dahlink. And I imagine your dear mama took great pride in producing said baskets, else she wouldn’t have done it at all. One has to cook for the family, and one might even be compelled by circumstance and expectation to make the odd cake (some very odd, in my case), but brandy-snap baskets? That is done out of a love of baking and the facination of what’s difficult, I reckon. And the work is fondly remembered.
G xxx

7 Likes

I don’t know, Carinthia. One can hope…
Soo xx

6 Likes

Do people think
“You’re a loon. HTH” constitutes a 'personal attack ’ as such.
Asking for a friend, obviously.

6 Likes

Perhaps recast it a tadge? “You always have such a refreshingly different viewpoint.”

8 Likes

Oh, Dunnock, so very diplomatic. Useful for sustained correspondence, that, but less so in the case of a one-off, random, fresh-caught, twitching nutjob.

Nah, I shall sit on my hands. :innocent:

7 Likes

Brave Gus

Good Gus

Atta Gus

Mumsnet almost convinces me that I am sane…

Ahem
Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Bear in mind that “sane” is largely defined as the consensus of what everyone else thinks is normal…

6 Likes

Oh, Gus.
Hope that helps and ignore the other one too.
Sisterly hugs.
Soo

6 Likes

Oh, it doesn’t impinge personally at all, Soo: I just thought the info might be useful to her. So did others, though: it’s been said in various forms of words. [grinnity]
Gxx

7 Likes

'You are as mad as a hatter and very unreasonable '. How utterly couth. I still prefer mine, but that will do.

7 Likes

Very occasionally I venture onto MumsNet.

You must remember I was one of 3 boys, I went to an all boys school, I have 2 sons.

I’m not really trained for MumsNet. I always need a few days rest after going there.

6 Likes

Parts of it are excellent.

6 Likes

The uhem green beaker will forever be peak mumsnet. If you weren’t there at the time, it is worth a read of the chaos which ensued.

6 Likes

Not in Classics then?

pause

Checked. It is.

4 Likes

Much better threads in Classics include

and

3 Likes

I shall read that.

It was the use of VEET hair removal which first brought MumsNet to my attention. I’ve not laughed as much since I took my first mortgage out.

4 Likes