Isle of Wight Festival <groan>

We’re heading for another cringeworthy celeb cameo, aren’t we? Why do they bother? They never work.

4 Likes

Oh lord. I hadn’t spotted that. Oh well, at least the celeb won’t come to Ambridge!

They have managed to have Kate and Tom and Kirsty and co and Elizabeth and Roy at festivals without any celebs, so we can hope for the best.

4 Likes

So who is John-Boy going to take… Kirsty? Elizabeth? Lynda?

3 Likes

Ah! That’s what that one is about! Now I get it.

3 Likes

Pet Shop Boys were at Loxfest!

4 Likes

Just been looking at the IoW do, this year

http://isleofwightfestival.com/pimp-your-weekend.aspx

There’s posh. You even have to book (presumably in advance) to use the toilets.

4 Likes

Yes, but it wasn’t a real festival like the one at which Kate had Phoebe, or Tom and co sold sausages, or Roy tupped Elizabeth. Those were celeb-free. And the Isle of Wight is a real festival so we can cross our fingers and hope for the best.

5 Likes

< shocked face > Are you telling me Loxfest was fiction?

4 Likes

Sorry…

3 Likes

Prototype for the Fyre Festival, wasn’t it? Only better organised.

3 Likes

I’m with JustJanie on this.

If Loxfest was fiction, then it stands to reason, LL must be fiction. Right?
So if LL is fiction then Nigel couldn’t have been pushed off the roof of it.

So where is he? Eh? Eh? You tell me that. :cop:
These are the questions we need answers to!

4 Likes

Who, celebs? That’s true! :skull:

1 Like

I was once asked whether I was free to work in the Freakout Tent at Glastonbury. No pay but backstage pass and use of performers’ loos, fer them as likes that kinda thing. Don’t remember whether I’d have had to bring a tent or would have had use of (part of?) a caravan. Anyway, I wasn’t free so that was that. A friend tells me she takes a massive dose of Imodium before going (not to said tent one hopes) so as not have to use the loos. Presumably she pees in the hedge with the sparrers.

Given that ‘Glastonbury’ is not at Glastonbury but at Pilton, are we sure the ‘Isle of Wight’ isn’t at Basingstoke this year?

3 Likes

http://isleofwightfestival.com/ is very cagey about exactly where it’s happening, but it does seem to be on the IoW.

It also still has tickets for sale, less than three weeks out.

3 Likes

Not necessarily a good sign. We shall have to see. :thinking::roll_eyes: