It's not your fault

There seems to be something of a Phrasefest going on currently. I do wonder whether we cardi dribbling listeners are being poked fun at - but being of the Purple age I’m not bothered, and take it as a good indication that Huge Hyphen and his cohort are “Listening” to us.

Shall we have a little game of Bingo, or at the very least a score card to tot up the number of

“It’s not your fault”
“I had no choice”
“Don’t blame yourself”

per episode.
Anyone turned on by, and proficient in spreadsheets may like to collate and tabulate (!), and perhaps apply for some Arts Council funding for the resulting product.

4 Likes

When JustJanie wakes up you might well find that she takes you up on that: she is a mean hand with a spreadsheet. (Hurrah!)

3 Likes

Well Pip’s vocals were especially weird & a over the place yesterday. It simply can’t be other than fake.

3 Likes

Snork you two! Believe it or not I got a call from the Daughter just last night asking for help sorting a spreadsheet by date. I am becoming Spreadsheet Woman.

So, what would like like, frp? Date, said by, said to and exculpatory phrase? I can do that.

Speaking of spreadsheets, any feedback for the Grundy Finances? I have no idea what Emma might make at the Tearoom, for instance and I could only make a wild guess at Will’s income to assess his child maintenance.

3 Likes

Yesterday was particularly weird. It sounded to me as tho she was trapped into speaking in rhythms, there were lines that were near as dammit iambic pentameters then simple spoken verse. Or, I was very tired and may have been hallucinating?

4 Likes

No. Your description is good. Better than mine which would flounder at ‘shite’ I think.

Her over-pronounced t’s were in abundance. Her wandering vowels were beyond the norm and one particular Coooowww (12 minutes in) was especially special. I honestly think she’s playing at it now. It cannot be other than deliberate.

God, I want her gone.

5 Likes

We got an ‘it’s not your fault’ today! From Ruth to David. I’ve entered it in the spreadsheet.

7 Likes

Thank you. That’d do nicely!

3 Likes

Here you go! ‘It’s Not Your Fault’ spreadsheet

I’ve just thrown a few things into it, let me know if you think of any more.

3 Likes

Brilliant and Thank You.
Quite a few more a couple of Sundays ago. Especially from Toebee to Plop when she thought she should fess up.

2 Likes

Is it a Done Thing to listen again just to find them, though?

Probably not. Let’s just stay in the moment.

1 Like

They’re tedious enough once; twice would be Too Much.

2 Likes

Agreed. Onwards and downwards.

3 Likes

OK, I’ll put in Toby to Pip on March 27 when he advised her to keep quiet. I should probably listen again, but does anyone remember if he said the broken fence wasn’t her fault?

Cheers, everyone, keep 'em coming as they occur to you, we spreadsheeters are gluttons for data!

Ooh, look, you can do a little pie chart of who has it said to them the most. Surely that has to be Helen! But so far Helen and David are neck-and-neck.
“It’s Not Your Fault”

3 Likes

Pie? Did someone say pie? M-m-m-m!

3 Likes

So did we all hear David telling Ruth and Pip, he was off the Bridge Farm to give Tony a piece if his mind, tonight?

Such generosity with so little.

5 Likes

Distributed backups for better redundancy: when Brookfield goes up in a massive manuresplosion, they’ll be able to restore David from all the pieces of his mind he’s given to other people.

They just won’t bother.

4 Likes

Pip to Ruth near the beginning of 27th March, in the cowshed: “It’s Not Your Fault”, with emphases. But not from Toby that day. I think he’s said it since, though.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Fanta. I’ve amended the spreadsheet.

1 Like