Jill lets the family down ... again!

Silly old prannit. Cold meats for lunch ? What good is that ?

… and now “looks like we’ll have to cook our own tea !!”. Chuck her out. She has one job … one … and she’s not even doing that now.

Thank goodness for the Dopey’s that takeaways exist … or freebies off the useless brother.

A march of rage is called for. Jill out … Jill out !!!

5 Likes

Greene sounds madder than ever.

It used to be so much better when Ruth would leave them the odd sandwich (all of her sandwiches were), or sling a pizza in the oven and remember those good old days when there was always a pot of soup on the cooker?

Of course those were the days, when Ruth was a working farmer. Does anybody know what Ruth is, these days - keep your suggestions clean please.

3 Likes

Shan’t.

Ruth is smug, prurient, disloyal, stunted, hirsute, warty,thick-as-pigshit waste of skin, organs and oxygen

4 Likes

Ah, g’wan, Gus: don’t hold back, tell us what you really think?

4 Likes

When young, keen Ruth first came on the scene, determined to be a working farmer, rather than a Jill-type farmer’s wife, it was an interesting story. (Implies no criticism of traditional farmers’ wives: I am descended from them, and know how difficult it would be for anybody to be one now, on a family farm). These days though, it is hard to see the point. At any rate, if there is one, I’m missing it.

4 Likes

I think Jill deserves a final warning. If i can get one for writing ‘clearly’ on ML and Jill has ‘clearly’ deserted her post betwixt sink & cooker, time to boot the old boot out.
Then the dopes can eat at TB every night as they trough their way through the thousands owed by Kenyun.
Was that clever writing tonight by Broderick wots isname, or just a list of the Dopey’s parental failings writ large?

4 Likes

Might it be both?

3 Likes

So, what exactly did Jill have to eat on her return home? A glass of their left-over wine?
I really believe that it’s possible to hate fictional characters.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Of course it bloody well is. The only question is whether it is morally reprehensible to do so.

You know my answer to that, but I’m not sure it is theologically sound.

4 Likes

Stuff the theology. They’re all gits.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Oh, when I have the time and space and brain and sufficient oomph - oomph in short supply right now - I feel that a magnificent tapestry cushion design with a suitably Archers themed border and dirty gurt letters for

They’re
all
Gits

would be a Good Thing to unleash upon the world. Bit of a limited market, probably.

4 Likes

Do you mean both working famer and traditional farm wife? If so, yes, I do know people who do both. And sometimes another job as well. Everyone on a modest-sized farm round here needs to be an income generator, that’s all. Even Jill branched into holiday cottage rentals.

5 Likes

I can’t argue with that. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I was replying to
"Was that clever writing tonight by Broderick wots isname, or just a list of the Dopey’s parental failings writ large?"
really.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure. But I thought if it was about being both a farmer and a farmer’s wife it was a good point.

I even know farming couples now who both have jobs off-farm, sometimes quite demanding ones. They are hill farmers rather than cattle farmers/arable though. So farm incomes are especially dire, but there are long periods when the sheep pretty much fend for themselves.

3 Likes