"Jill needs to show she's contrite"

Said Ruth, who daily demonstrates she is a rite c…

Works better in some accents than others, admittedly. But I think the point stands.

4 Likes

Yes, the apology needs to be from Ruth to Jill, doesn’t it, for her vile tirade. She also owes one to David for having ordered him to tell his mother how to behave, then launched into her diatribe before David had even seen Jill, let alone said a single word to her.

What Jill may or may not choose to say to Ben at any point is not Ruth’s business. She needs to neb out of that relationship – which has always been rather closer than Ben’s with Ruth, as far as we have heard over the years.

4 Likes

Which to be fair to David (ouch, goes against the grain and I probably pulled a Moral Fibre) is something he pointed out to Ruth.

4 Likes

Also being fair to him, it was Ruth who insisted, ignoring David’s doubts about whether it was a good idea, on inviting Jill to come and live at Brookfield in 2014 when she’d been badly shaken by being burgled during Jack’s funeral, and who would not take no for an answer. He could with some justification say “I told you so” about that bright plan of hers.

As far as I can remember that was the first time they’d lived in the same house for more than a couple of weeks or so. The “all those years” of Ruth’s was in fact eight years, not the thirty-five or so that she implied.

4 Likes