Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

cat + anti-kitten =

followed by a cosmos-erasing Kaboom!

4 Likes

That looks lovely TFM

5 Likes

Brilliant! And should have been obvious really.

This is how I always used to do itā€¦

Whether or not I am still sufficiently flexible remains to be seen.

5 Likes

Here yā€™go then, between the 3 you should get some idea. What you canā€™t see is how incredibly thick & warm it is (though the fact that it makes a size 8 look plump in this photo is a bit of a clue). Thereā€™s 1.2kg of pure wool in there - should be enough to withstand even the Manx winds. I added a close up so you can see the texture, which is what just wouldnā€™t show properly before.

4 Likes

Wow! That is a very fine jacket, me dear. Ta.
And thanks to TFD for photography services to the board.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just asked him if he can apply that technique to my actual face. A vast improvement, imo, at this age.

5 Likes

PS: TFM, you might want to check your dictionary, under P for ā€˜plumpā€™. Because that ainā€™t it.

Stop it with the face thing, too!

5 Likes

Yeah, well. I saw the photo before it was doctored and had one of those ā€˜who the hell is that old woman momentsā€™.

4 Likes

'sā€™probably an Other Dunnock. Iā€™d give it a good peckity just to be on the safe side.

4 Likes

Splendid jacket

I am plump ie I have an equator rather than a a waist

That model is far far far away from plump!

5 Likes

Ooh, Iā€™m a model now!

6 Likes

A lovely piece of knitwear perfectly modelled, imo.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Well, Iā€™m impressed!

6 Likes

Fer the knitters amongst us, especially those with random bits of wool left over. Tiger Lily Crafts (. co. uk), an small business supplying Haberdashery & interesting wool, has just taken delivery of soft shoe/boot soles.

This means that swippers/Mukluk type thingies can be knitted.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Youā€™re all saying such lovely things, thank you, I feel quite embarrassed. Iā€™m just finishing off The Next Thing (just 3 more buttons to sew on) and Iā€™ll feel a bit shy about posting a photo now!

6 Likes

Donā€™t feel embarrassed, TFM

Your work is lovely, & looks lovely on you

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Yes, so please do not deprive us of that pleasure, TFM dere.

6 Likes

What I do know is how much Iā€™m enjoying doing it, and how much good itā€™s doing me for that matter, and I havenā€™t forgotten that itā€™s only thanks to your encouragement Gus that I took it up again. I owe you much grate.

7 Likes

That makes me very happy. Ta.

7 Likes

TFM

I love seeing other folksā€™ knits and all sewing and crocheted things all you clever types make

I know that you are all kind enough to comment favourably on my creations and what a thrill it is to be encouraged by you all so do keep making and showing your stuff

5 Likes