Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

Mostly because I have a lot of photos to upload and the Cellar might not be the place for them.

Here is our Thread Mascot:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LC2IJU8

Ahem.

HERE is our Thread Mascot:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076C9XCCW/

6 Likes

Knitting and Stitching London 2019. Be warned that I am not a subtle Sparrer; I like shiny fings.

I’m going to do these ten photos per post so as not to confuse the machinery.

Yes, but I bet they’d capsize in any sort of sea.

There was a fair bit of arty stuff (i.e. “I am a recent textiles graduate”).

5 Likes

5 Likes

That was the closest to food in the place, and the cheapest.

5 Likes

Boots forra @3Wells

The idea of a bracelet made entirely of coffin beads is oddly tempting. Or as decoration on me tobacco pouch.

6 Likes

I had a close-up look at those sausage rolls: ‘robust’ would be a kind way of putting it.

6 Likes

Gimmicky but fun.

Very very shiny! (But if I were making them a spectral arrangement of colours would also be sizes in order.)

Yeah, but how strong are they?

4 Likes

Actual leaves and such, electroplated.

Thassorl folks. (Phew.)

6 Likes

Strong enough. and the metal tips stop the bludd staining the lovely pattern when foolish persons interrupt one at a tricky bit and one has to poke them to teach them a lesson. Really messes up the wool, that.

6 Likes

Oh Sparrer. You should have said.

6 Likes

I only thought of it this morning!

6 Likes

I am jealous

Ooo to be let loose with a credit card and a purse full of money

7 Likes

You wouldn’t get to more than about an eighth of it, honestly, Twellies. It was the whole of the Alexandra Palace, absolutely full with stalls, and even with the best will in the world I suppose we managed two-thirds in a day just looking. Then my back went… And today my legs ache. There is nowhere to sit, and one has to go slowly because it is so crowded.

6 Likes

But I would have such fun Seeing the bits I could see

And I could use my wheelchair

The Bull would be done in

Can you go on numerous days?

7 Likes

If you get the appropriate tickets.
There are lots of workshops, too (one has to book those separately in advance, of course). Including one on how to sew lace knickers. Nooooo.

6 Likes

Not to mention “Bridal Techniques” (sold out).

6 Likes

My lace drawers days are gone

I might go with B some year to the Dublin version

When I have saved a lot

7 Likes

Wow, Dunnock

Just Wow…

Am knackerated just looking at that lot

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Utterly glorious. Thank you. I want/need that gorgeous rainbow cardigan and a few other things. Hope your back settles quickly, Fishers.
Soo xx

6 Likes

It’s a lot better, though the legs are still a bit achy.

The bees and the limpets six and seven pictures down were amazing; they are all embroidered and the texture is very fine. No rules against touching, and those limpets were hard.

5 Likes