Lynda and her dogs

She said that the back view of the dog was important because that is what you see when you take the dog for a walk.

Not if you have bothered to train the dog to walk properly on the lead it isn’t.

Now, what I want to know is: does this week’s scriptie. Mary Cutler, know this perfectly well, and is she using it to point up the fact that Lynda is not all that good a dog-owner, or is it simply that she herself does not know what training a dog to walk to heel means?

5 Likes

About evens, that one, I reckon.

3 Likes

I reckon it means she exercises mostly off lead. Was it a shih tzu she said she was trialling? Well named because they are very prone to a shitty bum.

Actually she’s been very good about her dog choices; Scruff when Shula wanted rid and before that another rescue case, though I can’t remember what.

3 Likes

Hermes was the runt of a litter one of Marjorie Antrobus’ girls had when she’d enjoyed an illicit association with Captain, I think. Certainly the runt of a littler borne by an Afghan, even if the Staffie wasn’t involved that time.

4 Likes

The real Lynda would also be well aware of the health problems produced in certain breeds by selecting for “desirable” traits and choose accordingly. This Oh! Calcutta! approach is totally wrong for the character.

3 Likes

If she wanted to replace Scruff so soon, she would be looking for a rescue dog, I feel, confident that even the most “difficult” one would soon be tamed into being a lovely companion in the serene and loving ambiance of her household. Or she’d go for one which had not been suitable to share a house with a new baby – “Poor fellow, as if it were his fault his mummy had a baby, was it?”

4 Likes

Well, you would certainly hope not…

3 Likes

Yes, but can’t you just hear Lynda coming up with that muddled sentence?

3 Likes

Ah was thinking it was a Portia/Captain mismatch - but was thinking Nelson’s Springer somehow figured?

4 Likes

That has to be a euphemism.

Which seems as good an excuse as any…

4 Likes

I thought that was the women’s changing room?

2 Likes

It was Marjorie Antrobus who adopted Charlie when Nelson abandoned her, Marjorie. Not Lynda. And Charlie was short for Charlotte, so I don’t suppose that she sired any pups on Portia.

4 Likes

Maybe she was a drag queen like Lassie?

3 Likes