Matt's car accident

I have been in touch with Kim Durham, who is a gentleman, about what was and was not said by Matt Crawford on 29th October when he was run down, and he tells me

“Sorry to scotch any conspiracy theories - but, no there was no “You”. Might have been a groan that sounded something like it. Sorry for any confusion.”

Which seems to settle that, because he ought to know.

5 Likes

Damn!
But good on yer, Fishy (and good on KD, too)

5 Likes

I like him rather a lot for bothering.

And dammit I miss Matt! not the dreary chancer who picked quarrels for no reason at all that he had been turned into when he came back, but the real Matt we used to know, who was a great deal too fly to get caught up in Hugo Mellings’ games and end up being blamed for them.

6 Likes

Indeed. Ittiz a crying shame.

4 Likes

You actually got the actor to engage with you/us? That’s a bit meta! A bit like the tributes receiving titbits from the outside… Ambridge is the arena, obviously. Have other actors engaged in the past? Sorry, newbie here!

6 Likes

There’s at least one scriptie that needs strapping down and heavy sedation to prevent them from engaging with an, ahem, ‘adoring public’. Or so it sometimes seems.

4 Likes

I wrote to him and asked, and he replied. He seems to be a thoroughly good bloke, if reports from the Bristol Old Vic school are to be believed. (We’ve been in touch before.)

Tim Bentinck used to post to the Archers BBC board, but of late he’s got very disgusted with the way people don’t appreciate David’s eatytalky ways.

5 Likes

I lost all respect for Tim Bentinck when he started brown-nosing SOC and criticising other cast members. I thought it incredibly disloyal—not to mention unprofessional.

Rather ironic, given the context.

5 Likes

And Tim was last in the cast… um … 5th March. He has been in twelve episodes this year.

2 Likes

Interesting

3 Likes

No they weren’t, except when he got shouted at for not letting Pipsqueak speak.

3 Likes

For once I was on his side

5 Likes

Aaaah. But the talkative scriptie is a Saint. Or so his own publicity would have you believe.

3 Likes