Medical confidentiality?

‘Pip caused a nasty outbreak all around the village’.
Well, Josh, can’t say it comes as a surprise, but was it kind to tell your dad?

David is an utter pillock.

5 Likes

I liked Josh’s version of what David was probably expecting.

Is it any business of David’s at all, really? His twenty-four-year-old son, whom he has no intention of helping, has had a slight difficulty with his business. Neb out, daddy.

4 Likes

I don’t think the production team have moved Josh on from when he kept hens as a pocket money job in his early teens. It doesn’t seem as though his businesses were ever profitable enough for him to afford his own accommodation. Therefore it gives David and Ruth the opportunity to stick their noses in to criticise - never to help, it seems, though they do seem to have - rented I suppose - the Hollowtree land to him. Or part of it. The rest is for the noo cattoo, is it?

5 Likes

I don’t think there is all that much land with Hollowtree, which always used to be a pig-unit in the old days. Enough for some chickens, or the geese, and Toby to have his still in the outbuilding, but not much use for cattle. What they did was chuck Josh off the main farm and relegate his chickens to Hollowtree to make way for extra cattle.

And you bet he has to pay rent! Pip doesn’t; Josh does. I’m surprised they are not yet demanding that Ben pay rent for his bedroom. Back in June 2018 we got “Infuriated by his son’s glib answers, David tells him that he will have to pay rent. Josh appears astounded at the very thought.” in Lowfield, and then in July “Josh points out Pip pays no rent but Ruth counters the rent is not for living on the farm but for his business. Josh argues his work on the farm should count but David laughs and notes Josh used to do quite a bit but not now.” In March 2020 there is “Josh is despondent because he can’t pay his rent or expenses.”

4 Likes

So nominally he’s not paying for board and keep but for land. Which he’s not using much of especially since he’s abandoned his other business. Anyhow, could he afford to live elsewhere is what I wonder. Where’s the Spare Bedroom now?

5 Likes

Flat-packed in its own storage cupboard.

5 Likes

He doesn’t have to be a farmer – which he doesn’t seem to be much good at anyway. A one-bedroomed flat in Birmingham could cost him less than £600 a month (I have been flat-hunting on line for someone recently and there is lots around at less than £600) and he wouldn’t be beholden and have to kowtow to the repulsive family, Pip in particular who never loses the opportunity to have a go at him and underline how useless and redundant he is unless she wants to demand that he does her a favour, but just as much David who also takes every chance to point out mistakes he made years ago and rub in him not being much cop.

5 Likes

And why are Hannah and Jazzer both in house shares? What happened to all the accommodation at Berrow—including Farmhouse, Valley, refurbished, manager, for the use of?

5 Likes