"Mrs Snell? Oh good, you're in

“I think one of your llamas has got into my back garden; it’s eating my plants. Could you please come and fetch it as soon as possible?”

What on earth need is there to smuggle the creature anywhere?

6 Likes

Hilarious quincequonces, dere

4 Likes

How we didn’t larf.

4 Likes

Except perhaps to Llama Burgers ‘Я’ Us?

5 Likes

I think the writers missed a trick here; they could have made a lot more of Jolene’s memory loss (also known as “the fear”) after the night out, and her subsequently trying to remember what she might have done by asking awkward leading questions, before revealing the existence of the llama in the garden…

5 Likes

The improbability of Jolene (or anyone) having left the rest of the party, wandered off down a lane out of the village, and managed to get a llama to come out of its own territory and accompany her to a place it didn’t know, is almost as great as the improbability of them all having amnesia about managing to convince a llama that they were its friends and its function as a guard-creature didn’t count in their case, I feel.

Sounding a loud and emphatic alarm before attacking when they encounter intruders is one of the things llamas do. Like geese, only bigger and more spitty.

5 Likes

…and less seaworthy or aerodynamic

6 Likes

I was really disappointed when Lynda referred to the llama as “valuable”. Beloved and precious were slightly better, but it sounded too much like an ornament had been stolen than an adored animal.

4 Likes

Nothing was stolen, as Burns pointed out. She wouldn’t even have known that the animal had gone walkabout if Alice hadn’t told her; and she has no evidence that it did apart from Alice’ word.

3 Likes

True! Nothing was stolen. Just a “valuable” item placed in a garden for a few hours before being returned.

5 Likes

Not seaworthy, maybe, but…

4 Likes