Music for fête

Just caught a bit of the omni, which reminded me of (yet) another bit of SW idiocy.

Why can there only be one band at the fête? Or rather, does last week’s duty idiot think there can only be one band? I’ve played loads of freebies for charity events*, but have never been expected—nor would I agree—to play for the entire event. An hour set with a half hour changeover would be fairly typical.

Another bit of pointless and totally unrealistic conflict masquerading as “drama”

*I’m assuming the village fête is a charity event, but now I think of it, I can’t ever remember any mention of where the proceeds go.

6 Likes

“Oh don’t worry I’ll take care of it” — Kenton.

6 Likes

Well this year I think it should go to Lower Locksley to help “poor brave depressed” Elizabeth get the place on its feet as it wasn’t her fault she let the place go to wrack and ruin gazing at her navel and fretting about Freddie

Or the Clarrie and Eddie rehoming fund

Gawds the “comedy” of the cider club beside Jenny dahlink and Brine has me checking the house insurance to see if defenestration of radios is covered

7 Likes

orifice-supplies? paper-clipses? trypewryter-ribbonses? post-it-noteses?

5 Likes

Now you’re just being silly.

5 Likes

…well, I’m sure there are lots and lots with defective glue, in the clearance bin, going cheap… (“roll up! buy your rubbish supplies (for your rubbish scripts!) here, while stocks last!”)

5 Likes

Glue fund?

[suspicious whinney]

5 Likes

A cure for the Snell Snyff?

5 Likes

Ah - I see where you’re getting confused. You’re mixing it up with Plank’s promotion to Defective Sergeant.

5 Likes