My own fault! …serves me right, I suppose!

I just happened to wander into the “Listen Again” page and before I had a chance to steer away, there it was: “…oh is this reely ‘appenin’? Jolene Archer is off on tour!” (…thinks to self: As if! - anyone else feel the same? Who the hell is writing this drivel?)

4 Likes

This particular episode, Naylah Ahmed.

2 Likes

Your question answered here

4 Likes

Here I go once again “Jolene has been filling the pub every night! …and she’s about to go on a tour with some hot-shot country musak star!”
…yeah, right! “Oh look up there, isn’t that Tom Archer’s PorkerFooty team doing aerobatics over Lakey Hill?”

4 Likes

She isn’t someone I’d go to see twice; I doubt if she has that big a repertoire.

4 Likes

“Songs that a bunch of BBC scriptwriters, none of whom is notably a country music fan, have heard of.”

I’ve heard better themes…

4 Likes

The Gambler, and Jolene. Each done by someone really pretty famous, and rather good; you do need a good voice to take on something of that sort.

4 Likes

I thought they’d have learned their lesson after the Doreen / Plank fiasco at PoxFest. The general response wasn’t particularly positive, as I recall.

I can’t see what they’re trying to achieve, TBH. Maybe Buffy Davis is trying to portray what a one-time semi-pro wannabe attempting an American accent would sound like, but that doesn’t fit with the adulation the scripts seem to imply she deserves. Someone should point out to the prod team that there’s a difference between “Country & Western” and “West Country”.

5 Likes