Nancy Banks-Smith - A Month in Ambridge

She really does have a knack for hitting nails on the head. Thanks, FTC.

3 Likes

Ta indeedski, ftc. We donā€™t see enough of you, you know.

3 Likes

Odd tots indeed. And she didnā€™t mention the older odd ones, Ruari in the cellar and Johnny name and brain change.

4 Likes

And the Trappist, Ben

3 Likes

Errors and clarifications: The last word (above) should have been twits.

4 Likes

I really canā€™t bear to listen any more.

4 Likes

That ought not to be a bar against coming here, you know. Thereā€™s the whole ā€œNot the Archersā€ section of the boardā€¦

4 Likes

Still not sure thatā€™s rightā€¦

3 Likes

A surplus W you mean.

4 Likes

Well, thatā€™s one possibilityā€¦

In the sense that the Archers are all so well grounded? (ā€œDavidā€™s always been the family anchorā€¦ā€)

4 Likes
4 Likes

ā€œIan and Adam, who fancy a baby, are looking for a surrogate womb and finding a surprising number of takers among the flakier females in the village.ā€

'Ere! Nancy girl. Whereā€™s me commission? I said exactly the same some weeks back.

I donā€™t agree with the bit about Loony-Lexi bringing back Auntie Banana, or Joey of GG.
Far too many bleedinā€™ foreigners in Ambridge, already. Totally unrepresentative of Ambridge-type villages. Where you can travel for days without finding foreigners this time of year.

3 Likes

It strikes me that the terrible case currently in the news couldnā€™t have come at a worse time for TAā€™s scriptmonkeys.

2 Likes

Um, what case? (I donā€™t get the news much.)

This one. You get the gist from what shows in the link, so no need to read further. The child in question was adopted.

1 Like

Oh dearā€¦

(Poor child.)

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh, I do love Our Nancy.

I especially liked ā€œAdam, the gay ploughman, who thumped Matt to spread the suspects about a bitā€.

3 Likes

Not a wasted word. The woman is a genius.

4 Likes
5 Likes