Nancy Banks-Smith - A Month in Ambridge

28 March 2017:

5 Likes

Oooh nooo! Horrible thought - Justin in flares and platforms. Lillian in a ra-ra skirt and Kickers.

1 Like

ā€œKickersā€ ā€¦ not quite what my eyes first saw then !!

3 Likes

Donā€™t be silly, Armers. Fur coat, wellies and - no ā€˜kickersā€™, remember?

2 Likes

Donā€™t get over-excited, remember your Armit Age! Even I wouldnā€™t suggest that Lillian, who has something for every occasion, would leave orf her undies when wearing a ra-ra skirt, especially on a windy day! When I was at Sussex, Kickers on yer feet were practically compulsory attire for the trendy student or tutor.

2 Likes

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/may/23/nancy-banks-smith-on-the-archers-peggy-new-cat-matt-crawford

2 Likes

ā€œFreddie has an epiphany ā€“ and a piercingā€

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/20/nancy-banks-smith-the-archers-freddie-pargetter-isle-of-wight-festival-piercing

1 Like

Alice went to Bestival and came back with a boyfriend; it was from Las Vegas she came back with a husband.

Yes indeed. But Iā€™m pleased that NBS can still find the energy to write.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, ā€œIt takes a well born woman to be crisp about a pig.ā€

2 Likes

Sheā€™s on top form this month.

1 Like

Very good ā€¦ and it makes my heart sing to see the Guardian rattling its begging bowl at the end of any of their articles I accidentally stumble upon.

They are about to announce that their production is to return to Manchester and give over half their staff the ā€œcome with us or resignā€ ultimatum.

1 Like

Well, it worked for Games Workshop back in the day. ā€œWeā€™re moving from London to Nottingham. Donā€™t want to move with us because you have an actual life away from work? Oh what a pity.ā€

1 Like

The BBC, of course, put their staff in taxis from London to Salford.

Not all of them.

The Grauniad plan a small London based team ā€¦ well, Parliament and Islington are there after all. The rest to transfer, but itā€™s expected many wonā€™t want to come North, dual incomes, kids and simple ā€œNorwff ! Are you maad !?ā€

They will then make many redundant and within a year it will be more an e-newspaper than hard copy.

2 Likes

One of my Aunts lived in Manchester because her husband worked for the Manchester Guardian. He was their sports editor for ages.

1 Like

A most appropriate place for Sport, tbh.

2 Likes

A short contribution this month:

4 Likes

The September musings of NBS:

5 Likes