Neil's moral authority…

…was noticeably lacking when conspiring to pervert the course of justice over the dog fighting, as I recall.

3 Likes

It wasn’t too good on that occasion, certainly. But as a rule he is a pretty straight-forward sort of person, and doesn’t like lies much. I don’t suppose he saw protecting Darrell as being lies, so much as just not telling the truth… I feel that those are the same thing, but I am clearly a weirdo.

2 Likes

And Neil a parish council member, of course. “Misconduct in public office” is a serious offence; it’s what Harrassing would be charged with - on several counts - were any official complaints made about him.

1 Like

I have a feeling that like members of the armed forces, police officers are for instance expected not to be arrested for drunk-driving (my daughter would lose her commission if that happened to her) and ought to be seen as a good example rather than a bad one, but I am unsure whether lying to save face or coerce others into compliance is an offence in a policeman.

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking about the lying (IIRC the act specifically stipulates that the misconduct is connected with or perpetrated while carrying out the public duty) but his cavalier disregard for procedure and his stalking of Fallon.

Of course, it’s quite possible for someone so minded to turn anything into a “misconduct” issue. Lying about issues unrelated to his police work might be seen as compromising him and leaving him open to blackmail…

2 Likes

Wow! Could it just be that this whole daft cricket storyline, was contrived, just so HB could be transferred out of Ambridge to some other part of the West Midlands which is what should happen now.

I think we should all keep our fingers crossed.

Perhaps the minority quota hasn’t been filled in TA and they’re planning to bring in a unidexter, single parent, lesbian, Cherokee Indian, female officer, with learning difficulties and a stutter. To help tip the balance.
That’s the BBC we know and love.

4 Likes

Definitely in the finger-crossing clique here.

4 Likes

Me too. Can he take the fool Fallon with him, please. Leaving Bridge Farm with unlet premises.

4 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:8, topic:496”]
Leaving Bridge Farm with unlet premises
[/quote]… which would immediately be filled by the Stammering Cherokee. (which would be a great name for a pub, btw).

3 Likes

Who they?

3 Likes

[quote=“Used2B, post:6, topic:496”]Perhaps the minority quota hasn’t been filled in TA and they’re planning to bring in a unidexter, single parent, lesbian, Cherokee Indian, female officer, with learning difficulties and a stutter. To help tip the balance.
That’s the BBC we know and love.[/quote]See Used2be, above … on a possible exit for Plank and a potential BBC stutteing replacement.

4 Likes

Ahhhhhh. Ta.

3 Likes

I think I might nick that for the Nicknames. It’s a good’un.

stammering Cherokee, the: person brought into The Archers to help fill a minority quota (Used2B)

Is Anisha a stammering Cherokee?

3 Likes

Sadly, “complete pain in the neck” is not a minority in Ambridge.

Ambiguously aged, ambiguously raced, presumably female… doesn’t count for much, does it?

3 Likes

Token Scot, along with Jazzer, and has said that her parents (or one of them?) were Sri Lankan. So sect and race, I suppose.

4 Likes

Anyone can say they have a Sri Lankan parent. How many recipes for fish curry does she know?

4 Likes

She’s another sort of indian, entirely… Apache, I believe.

4 Likes

Mannerless Apache?

4 Likes

Endless Apache.

4 Likes

Not Apache on his brother.

4 Likes