New Spoiler Wrap-Up thread updated June 6

6 Jun Lynda strikes a deal, and Kirsty makes amends.
7 Jun For Tom, there is no time like the present, while things go from bad to worse for Rex.
8 Jun Johnny’s plans fall apart, and are Pat and Tom overheard?
9 Jun Susan makes enquiries, and Lily tries to keep her mum calm.

11 Jun Bridge Farm’s secret is out, and Pip faces difficult questions.
12 Jun Pat delivers a telling off, and Lower Loxley’s prodigal son returns.
13 Jun Lynda has troublesome guests, and Kirsty is keen to recruit.
14 Jun Lilian chooses her side, and can Elizabeth see history repeating?
15 Jun Tom puts himself forward, and Rex is feeling bold.
16 Jun Justin smoothes the way, and Matt sticks his oar in.

18 Jun Pip insists she is fine, and Tracy makes her mark.
19 Jun Justin’s hackles are raised, and Kirsty feels she has lost a friend.
20 Jun Freddie finds a new vocation, and Anisha sets a challenge.
21 Jun Tom is ready to seal the deal, and Lilian smells a rat.
22 Jun Adam has an eventful birthday, and Anisha draws a line.
23 Jun Matt is on the prowl, and Jill calls on past experience.

Radio Times June 4-9
Justin Elliot is all over the plotlines just now - surely actor Simon Williams is burning the candle at both ends, seeing as he’s also currently playing the mysterious Chairman on EastEnders? In Ambridge, we find Justin being caught driving too fast by Speedwatch volunteers (and trying to talk his way out of trouble during a showdown with Lynda), while also finding time to get the full spiel on Matt’s Costa Rican venture (remarkably, it all appears to be legit).

Then there are Tony and Tom, who are at loggerheads over Justin’s cash offer: Archer Sr is putting up resistance, Archer Jr doesn’t want to miss out on the deal. But who will get the upper hand?

Total TV Guide June 4-9
Rex plays Agony Uncle as Pip pours her heart out to him about her failed relationship with Toby. Eastenders could be mentioned again here, as just like Sharon and Grant and Phil, she jokes she picked the wrong brother. Rex, though, is more interested in keeping his date with Anisha at the Bull.
After being caught speeding, Justin tries to sweet talk Lynda, but she’s not easily persuaded.
Elizabeth is not happy when Freddie skips his exams to join Johnny at the Isle of Wight Festival.
Despite suspicions to the contrary, Matt’s Costa Rican venture proves to be legal and above board.
Tom can’t believe his parent’s aren’t biting Justin’s hand off to accept the money he’s offering. Tom is worried they’ll miss the boat. Tony urges caution - not a word Tom is familiar with.

Daily Mail Weekend magazine Archers update June 4-9
It turns out that Tom is not the only bolter in the Archer brood. Young Freddie - with exams looming - makes makes a run for it putting clear blue water between him and the invigilators.
Justin also puts on a turn of speed running into a trap and giving Lynda leverage. Rex, detained on Lakey Hill by a regretful Pip, puts on a sprint to save a date while Amber, as we all guessed, fails to keep her date with Johnny on the Isle Of Wight.
None of us would have guessed that Matt’s Costa Rica venture was above board but, according to some bloke called Hugo Melling, it’s all fine and dandy,so that’s all right then.
Can the same, Tony broods, be said about Justin’s surprising offer?

Radio Times June 11-16
There’s a problem looming for Lynda. No, not the start of hay fever season, but James and Leonie turning up. They’re a special and unique kind of irritant.
With things not being harmonious between them, Lynda’s 70th birthday bash comes under threat.
Pip is a hit at Open Farm Sunday, despite the dreaded IBR nightmare rearing its head again.
Ruth has troubles of her own. She worries Pip is overdoing it, and Josh comes along with his own bombshell.
Freddie and Johnny struggle to get home from the delights of the festival, driving Elizabeth to distraction.
Rex and Anisha agree to a date.

Total TV Guide June 11-16
Heated debate is sparked when news is leaked about the potential Bridge Farm housing development. While Helen pushes Tony to make up his mind, not everyone, it seems, is unhappy about the plans.
Pip is a hit at Open Farm Sunday.
Elizabeth fears Freddie is heading for trouble after his antics at the festival.
James and Leonie’s arrival threaten to scupper Lynda’s 70th birthday celebrations, and Justin’s determined Lillian won’t be caught in the crossfire.
Justin soon has other things to worry about, though, as Matt’s scheming continues.

Credits Week June 4-9
Role
Writer
Director
Series Editor
Jill Archer
David Archer
Ruth Archer
Pip Archer
Tony Archer
Pat Archer
Helen Archer
Tom Archer
Brian Aldridge
Jennifer Aldridge
Lilian Bellamy
Neil Carter
Susan Carter
Matt Crawford
Justin Elliott
Rex Fairbrother
Anisha Jayakody
Kirsty Miller
Elizabeth Pargetter
Freddie Pargetter
Lily Pargetter
Johnny Phillips
Lynda Snell
Credits Week June 9-16
Role
Writer
Director
Series Editor
Jill Archer
David Archer
Ruth Archer
Pip Archer
Josh Archer
Tony Archer
Pat Archer
Helen Archer
Tom Archer
Lilian Bellamy
James Bellamy
Susan Carter
Matt Crawford
Justin Elliott
Rex Fairbrother
Anisha Jayakody
Jim Lloyd
Kirsty Miller
Elizabeth Pargetter
Freddie Pargetter
Lily Pargetter
Johnny Phillips
Lynda Snell
Leonie Snell
Credits June 18-23
Role Contributor
Writer Paul Brodrick
Director Peter Leslie Wild
Series Editor Huw Kennair-Jones
Jill Archer Patricia Greene
David Archer Tim Bentinck
Ruth Archer Felicity Finch
Pip Archer Daisy Badger
Kenton Archer Richard Attlee
Tony Archer David Troughton
Pat Archer Patricia Gallimore
Helen Archer Louiza Patikas
Tom Archer William Troughton
Phoebe Aldridge Lucy Morris
Lilian Bellamy Sunny Ormonde
Matt Crawford Kim Durham
Justin Elliott Simon Williams
Rex Fairbrother Nick Barber
Tracy Horrobin Susie Riddell
Anisha Jayakody Anneika Rose
Adam Macy Andrew Wincott
Kirsty Miller Annabelle Dowler
Elizabeth Pargetter Alison Dowling
Freddie Pargetter Toby Laurence
Roy Tucker Ian Pepperell
Lexi Ania Sowinski

I see Josh is not in the cast list for the next two weeks, shame, I’d liked to have heard him saying how nice it to have his bedroom back.

The third week looks interesting in various ways. What is Bridge Farm’s secret? Surely not the fermented foods, that would be very disappointing. Who is Lower Loxley’s prodigal ‘son’. Is it Pip returning to Brookfield or is it Freddie returning to Lower Loxley after some exploit? And who is going to get the telling off from Pat? I would like it to be Pip but it’s not very likely Pat would lay into her even if she does find out about Pip letting the cattoo out. Bridge Farm has its compensation so it’s not really any of their business who did what.

So, I meant to say, it’ll be Pat telling off Justin or Brian about the intensive pig farm, won’t it?

1 Like

So, Josh has a bombshell, good, anything to shake the Dopey complacency! Not pleased that Pip is a hit unless it’s a typo and the ‘a’ slipped in there erroneously.

1 Like

“It’s a bomb, dad. And this is a hammer. Now, about my living arrangements…”

3 Likes

21st of June… Lillian smells a rat?

That’ll be Jill trying out new ‘budget’ recipes at Brookfield.

2 Likes

And which friend is Kirsty going to feel she has lost, Tom or Helen. Helen, presumably, as HellQueen is going to go for the money. I hope Kirsty realises she never had a friend in Helen, it was all one-way.

2 Likes

[quote=“Used2B, post:5, topic:380”]21st of June… Lillian smells a rat.[/quote]A great big, Matt shaped rat.

That Justin Idiot has found nothing untoward in his Costa Rica dealings simply means he’s being hoodwinked. Possibly with Latiffe in it too.

2 Likes

That’s the 14th of June thing, with liz seeing history repeating itself.
Josh will take Kirsty to the IoW instead of some wunder-kinder from his school.

It’ll be Roy and Lizzie all over again.

It’s Johnny, not Josh who is going to the festival, though. And Freddie is going to desert his exams and go with Johnny because Amber has cancelled, I bet.

I meant Johnny… Far too many J’s on this thread, Eh JJ? :grinning:

Amber? What a bl**dy silly name. Typical for TA. Ruddy Tree-sap, innit?

My reaction entirely.

Somebody get a grip.

I am the reverse of a “bring back Rob” enthusiast. He had me switched off for months. And I appreciate that moving on from there isn’t straightforward, with old listeners presumably lost and replaced by people who liked the R&H-fest (this is only a presumption, but figures stayed roughly the same).

So no new madly plotted melodrama with long-known characters turned into melodrama plot devices for me. But please do something to make me care about characters and what happens to them, old or new. At present I don’t give a whatever-you-like for any of them.

Pip messing up big time was a good story but they’ve spoilt it with all of this fawning all over the penitent and working-herself-to-death (really? wish she would!) Pip. If the Dopeys had had their image of the infallible golden girl shake for good, that would have been good! As it is, it’s making me feel ill.

Other than that, I’m quite enjoying some of the storylines at present. I look forward to sanctimonious Helen and Tom showing their true colours by wanting to grab at Justin’s offer. Pat, too. Looks like Tony will be the only hold-out.

1 Like

There are days when I do enjoy it again, I suppose, but then something comes along to dash my interest. Pip always does.

2 Likes