Noluthando

giving Kate a bit of her own medicine; I heard the way Kate treated her own mother coming back to bite her, and felt how well-deserved it was.

4 Likes

But will someone be saying the same thing to Noluthando in 20-30 years’ time, or is she managing to be a bit smarter than her dam?

5 Likes

Even if her sentiments toward her mother were well deserved, she still needs a bloody good slap. Prissy little miss. And crafty with it.
Of course, because she is Not White, she will come out of this with her halo bright and shiny - I don’t think they are brave enough for her to be portrayed (as opposed to experienced) as a nasty bit of work.

4 Likes

In this particular case, I am glad if she is a thoroughly nasty bit of work; Kate has been asking for a halibuting for years, and I had been hoping she might get it from Noluthando.

And what is prissy about not liking your name being messed about? And not being interested in Kate’s defiant-ex-hippy bullshit?

4 Likes

I’d like to volunteer to give No-loo and her mother and her grandmother and her grunt-grandmother, a damned good slapping.

3 Likes

Nolliprosequi can both deliver a good halibutting and be a nasty piece of work, can’t she?
While I don’t much care for being addressed by my childhood affectionate names (among them Suzy-Sunshine, now I ask you, is that remotely appropriate?) being addressed by one’s parent by one is one of those things that happens. And it is the parent that gave you the name that you might or might not be being called by, after all.
She sounds to me a prissy little cow, but on the make just like her mother.

3 Likes

My feeling was that she thought she might as well get something out of what was otherwise going to be an utterly dreary school holiday.

3 Likes

I wonder why she bothered coming since she thinks it’s all so dull and doesn’t like very Kate much. Sulky little miss, isn’t she? Which is great! I’m very much enjoying Kate getting a taste of her own medicine. Sounds as though Nolly-sorry-Noluthando can do that quite a bit better even than Phoebe, who just got exasperated but almost always caved in. This little princess is not going to take no for an answer.

Chill, Kate, it’s your karma come to bite you on the arse.

3 Likes

NoLoo probably wanted to see the country of her birth and where it was rumoured her mother lived.

3 Likes

She came because Jennifer paid for her to fly both ways, and it’s not something she would be likely to get otherwise. She wasn’t expecting a place umpteen times more dull than even a gated compound, and a mother even worse than she remembered – after all, they saw so little of Kate before she bolted that her habit of proselytising about her latest fad to everyone whether suitable or not was probably not known to her daughter. Kate’s hippy fadddery seemed a surprise to Noluthando.

2 Likes

What? You mean she hasn’t been listening to TA all the time she’s been being South African?
I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Blamey Mk II

3 Likes

Kate Mk II seems more likely.

2 Likes