Oh Freddie

that was a really good opportunity to tell Johnny that the reason you did it was because Ellis threatened to do to Lily and Lower Loxley Hall what he had just demonstrated he was quite happy to do to you.

Why didn’t you?

Scriptwriter Amnesia, but apart from that?

4 Likes

Amnesia implies it was unintentional; this was a more blatant variation on the usual “I’ve got something important to say but I keep getting interrupted” trope.

3 Likes

I think so.

But it is Ever So Much More Dramatic to have Johnny taking a poke at Freddie and being Moralistic on his High Tractor than it would be for him to understand what happened, isn’t it.

3 Likes

Was it confirmed that Freddie was dealing to the pickers? And have they all left already, or is that still to come out of the woodwork?

4 Likes

I think it was definitely said that he was, but not by him, perhaps.

So it might still be to come.

Why Ellis would have thought Freddie a good person to deal for him once term had ended and all Freddie’s market had dispersed, and given that Freddie wasn’t that popular to begin with, beats me.

3 Likes

It was the sainted Lily, wasn’t it? She accused him after he seemed to be spending an inordinate amount of off-duty time with them; he didn’t in so many words deny it.

3 Likes

Oh yes, that’s right. Lily’s support of and solidarity with her twin has always led her to think the worst of him, and when the opportunity to voice it to their mother without incriminating herself to do that, too.

I would be inclined to spend time after hours with the people I worked with if the alternative were spending time with Lily and Elizabeth – and of course since Lily was taking their car to go off and shag Russ, he’d have had to spend his time with Elizabeth. No wonder he preferred the pickers, but also no wonder he couldn’t tell Lily why he was spending time with them.

How long does it take to hand over some pills to someone?

3 Likes

About ten seconds if you’re getting cash back too. If you aren’t, just go with a brush pass and nobody sees nuffink.

Er, so I’ve heard.

4 Likes

So the suggestion that in order to deal to them he had to spend all evening with them is pretty silly.

2 Likes

Frankly, who cares? I wouldn’t pick the posturing ponce’s product all summer without recreational pharma, dammit

4 Likes