"Oldest barn"

Um, that would be about eight years old then? Didn’t Keith Horrobin deal with the previous one?

4 Likes

I have lost track of the new old barns, joe, in anticipation of the apocalypse. Hardly seems worth the energy, really.

But the usual murrain on them in the meantime, eh?

Oh, is it credible that an abbattoir baron’s daughter (there must be a ballad there somewhere) is so clueless about biosecurity?

4 Likes

Still struggling through tonight’s nonsense, so don’t know if it’s going to be revealed at the end, but–purely on the principle that it’s the most obvious cliché–the bride-to-be whose father “is sort of in farming” is going to be Vince Casey’s daughter, isn’t she?

5 Likes

[sigh]

5 Likes

It didn’t come as a massive shock to me, either.

5 Likes

She was only the abbattoir baron’s daughter…

(I’m sure we can all think of possible next lines)

3 Likes

Looks like our posts crossed there.

Yep–the SWs’ “Sherlock” principle:

“When you have eliminated the remotely plausible, what remains, however ridiculous or impossible, must be the next SL”

4 Likes

Something about fillet ?

5 Likes

< parent voice > Probably, dere.

4 Likes

An opportunity for Rex to team up with the Cider Club to produce a signature dish for The Miserable B @ Ambridge?

According to the late, much lamented Humph, Samantha was very partial to just such a combination…

4 Likes

o god.

Look, if I go back and edit my initial response, is there any chance that this would stop before it got out of hand?

Thought not.

4 Likes

God no.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope not!

4 Likes

I know you both so well…

She was only, etc, but could always tell well-hung…

(I always liked the ‘grocer’s daughter, but she showed Sir Geoffrey Howe’ one)

4 Likes

How long have you been here, o Gus?

5 Likes