On tonight's performance…

…anyone else think that the actor playing Edddie is totally out of his depth? (…I think the hat wiv the 'orns might have something to do with it?)

3 Likes

`His stutterance was pretty embarassingly poor, yes. Had I been Brian I would have nipped back and brought me own shotgun, for the Greater Good, and to put a thesp out of obvious misery.

5 Likes

…a much applauded solution, although I’m somewhat surprisified that SquireAldridge didn’t use what tools he had close to hand! (…think: LargeCombinedHarvester all warmed up and full of whirring sharp blades, and whizzing belts and rotating grindy things, not to mention all those threshing-thingies! whirrr, whirr, cut, slice, dice, chop, thresh, thresh, thresh, bind, strangle, chop! chop!) …arrrrrhhh! that 'ave dun oi a real power of good! :relieved:

4 Likes

While it is lovely to muse on the capabilities of a Combined Harvester (are you sure you aren’t confusing it with a high-end food processor, btw?) I don’t think even Brian could have shoe-horned one into the pub.

No, no, balers in the Snug, and only there!

4 Likes

…of course you’re absolutely correct, and I certainly have no desire to listen again (I don’t think even my constitution could suffer an encore performance what I can only describe as ArchersAtItsWorstest, I’d forgotten (mercifully) that the dialogue between Eddie and TheSquire had moved to T’Bull, although on reflection wasn’t it one of his progeny (mAlice?) who not so long ago demonstrated the demolition capabilities of a piece of varm machinery which just happened to be laying about? …and talking of laying about, hasn’t Eddie (…see what I did there?) got form for demolishing farm buildings (…intentionally or otherwise) using a JCB? (Front-End-Loader - here in USA)

4 Likes

Oh, you, you, you scallywag, Gussie! Look what you made me do now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVMy_lDqOnY (…look out for those augers in the FeederHouse! …visions of a hat wiv 'orns disappearing into the innards of the machine! :laughing: )

4 Likes

Would that have an impact on any claims to be organic ?

4 Likes

The pesticide levels would probably be a bit high.

4 Likes

I think that was Nigel, moving Eddie’s unsightly digger out of the Lower Loxley carpark because Elizabeth was having conniptions about it being there.

4 Likes

Having given the matter due consideration, I think that the right tool for the job is one of those three-bar mowers, where you can fold up the two side bars for getting through narrow spaces such as pub doorways, then drop them again for the widest possible swathe of carnage.

3 Likes

One would expect nuffin’ less from a Dunnock

4 Likes

…I think after noting the distribution of organic material throughout the machine and coating the sharp, pointy bits and the rough grindy parts after the first pass, I would venture to guess that the process might be described as organic!

4 Likes

Oh, Sturmers, if only it were that simple we could just drown ‘em all in benzene and ha’ done with it.

4 Likes