One-liners Aug 26 - 31

26 Aug Elizabeth attempts a brave face, and Clarrie offers some unwelcome advice.
27 Aug The stress builds for Helen, and Jim’s plotting continues.
28 Aug Susan has a confession to make, and Adam offers some feedback.
29 Aug Oliver takes the stand, and Tom is struggling.
30 Aug Jazzer steps up, and Pat has a suggestion.
31 Aug Things go from bad to worse for Elizabeth, and Hannah makes her feelings clear.

3 Likes

Ta very much, Nelson! Do you have the missing Aug 22, 23 & 24 by any chance. And do you mind if I add this week to the ‘wrap up’?

2 Likes

No. I got this from Digiguide, there is a gap there as well. Please feel free to add it to the wrap up.

3 Likes

Thanks, Nelson, will do.

What is Oliver ‘taking the stand’ about, I wonder. Tom struggling and Helen feeling the stress sound promising, though.

2 Likes

That definite article leads me to suspect that they are toying with us. Very different from ‘a stand’.

1 Like

Yes, I was wondering if it was simply a typo and Oliver was going to take ‘a stand’ viz à viz they Grundays. Though I’m not sure if they’ve done anything awful of late.

2 Likes

“Oh, that Freddie, I’ve hardly ever met him, but I’m sure he’s a wrong 'un.”

3 Likes

One more day has been filled in in the wrap-up thread:
Aug 22: Helen is on a mission, and Jim hatches a plan.

The stress is building for Helen the following week, so what is that all about? Cheese and the failure of her cheese-making classes or something more drastic? I do hope it’s nothing trivial …

4 Likes

Realising that Henwee is an idiot maybe ?

4 Likes

The missing two days have finally come in on the BBC site so I’ve updated the wrap-up thread. Oh, and Oliver is in the cast list for Aug 19-24 though he is not mentioned in the one-liners until the following week, Russ is also in that cast list and Mali Harries plays ‘Natasha’ - have we had mention of a Natasha, or will that be something to do with Freddie’s case. For those who watch TV, you may have seen Mali Harries in ‘Keeping Faith’/aka ‘Un Bore Mercher’, ‘Hinterland’/‘Y Gwyll’ and Doctor Who (2005). I think she’s very good.

23 Aug Elizabeth needs help, and Tom is desperate to impress.
24 Aug Russ plays a dangerous game and Susan faces an ultimatum.

2 Likes

Natasha could be Mrs Russ.

aka Never Marry A Welshman. Who did Harried play?

1 Like

She played Bethan Price, Faith’s sister-in-law. She was the sister of Evan “bastaaaaard!” Howells and wife of the police officer, Terry Price. I seem to remember warming to her when she refused to have the three sprogs dumped on her at no notice.

1 Like

No “Natasha” mentioned in Lowfield, or the BBC back to 2007.

Well, that was clearly worth hiding from the world. Ahem.

2 Likes

Ah. Ta. Yes, the sprog refusal was satisfying. Woman after me own heart, to that extent. Wouldn’t have wed Price the Filth myself though…
Gxx

1 Like

Good advice.

Meanwhile they may have renamed it ‘Keeping faith’ for the Saesneg but the actual translation would be "A Good Wednesday ".

2 Likes

These gaps seem to have no rhyme or reason to them, do they? Even more weirdly, on the BBC site sometimes they post a whole slew of future dates with no more than ‘contemporary drama in a rural setting’ and the ‘useful’ information that it will be aired at 2PM and 7PM Monday to Saturday. Gosh, I would never have figured that out for myself.

If there’s no one-liner attached to the date, there is absolutely no point in posting that date, yet they have taken to doing that. I see ‘Next on’ followed by a new number, 27 for instance, and think oh goody, more spoilers and go and look and there’s nothing!

Digiguide has a different weirdness. Sometimes it has more in it than the BBC, sometimes less and there’s always one more page than there’s link for so if you replace, say, the ‘8’ in the url with a 9, you can get an extra page’s worth of spoilers. Which Nelson has evidently discovered too.

2 Likes