Peeve du jour

Today’s peeve: “north of” or “well north of” to mean “more than” or “much more than”.

It means nothing, it adds nothing, it’s nasty.

3 Likes

Today’s peeve du jour: a longish section of the M4 saying that it has an advisory 50mph speed-limit because of “bumpy road surface”.

5 Likes

Ooh, a peeve that not only do I not share, but have been known to incite by use of the form of words in question. Oh dear. Sorry, Hedgers. It might not add anything but I’m not sure that it is actually nasty. Nastiness, though, is in the ear of the beholder. Earex is good for that :wink:

4 Likes

poor Fish.

Thameslink was seriously discombobulated because of a tree at Hendon that ‘caught fire’. I was inclined to blame the police…

Fruz me frontage off in howling gales at Blackfriars, Luton Airport Parkway, then Luton Town, Blackfriars again and the bus stop to get home.
Cold, tired, hungry, grumpy and frustrated/infuriated by the betiseries of various organisations. Not nice to be near, in fact.

6 Likes

Pore Gus! That sounds like a collection of very justified peeves going on there.

I hope that you area bit warmer now you’re at home!

4 Likes

Nightshirt, dressing gown and horrible woolly ‘slag wellies’, so yes, thank you. And about to shovel supper down me froat. It was a bit silly to do all the above on one slice of toast and I am Old Enough To Know Better.

Hope you are decompressing from your tiresome drive. Hope friend is on the up and in good spirits and that the actual visit bit was good for both of you.

5 Likes

One slice of toast is Not Enough. Have two next time?

The friend was glad to have a visitor and we enjoyed our afternoon together.

5 Likes

This is probably off-topic since it isn’t actually a Peeve du jour.
I have a photograph somewhere, of a temporary road sign I found propped up on the side of the road early one morning. It read - Temporary Road Signs In Use.

Yes. You’ve guessed it. It was the only sign on the road and there were no road works or anything to justify the sign.

3 Likes

Do Not Throw Stones At This Post

By Order

4 Likes

So also

and
http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/107903-please-do-not-throw-stones-sign-thank-you.html

3 Likes

Don’t you just love computers?

2 Likes

3 Likes